TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Thanks alot makes sense now. I will try come up with something!

I’ve played with HA Dashboard for a week and have even tweaked the theme to look OK-ish but I could not justify running AppDaemon for such a simple task and the fact that it has so many JS dependencies for no apparent reason was a bit too much. I also wanted to have more freedom listening to the events (mostly for my door entry which I can show off in a video of someone is interested).

1 Like

One more question to move the position of the tiles around the page and change the type of text I need to do it on the css file?

The position (within the group) is defined by position [X,Y] in the config. What do you mean by the type of text?

Arial or times ? How can I change that ?

The font is defined in body-> font-family (as always):

body {
  font-family: "Segoe UI", "Roboto", "Ubuntu", "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif;

Just remember that this is purely an HTML page with some JavaScript under the hood so you hack the hell out of it as long you know basic CSS.

1 Like

I tried just the same. The Appdaemon UI was better than the standard blue UI from Home Assistant, so I used it. (I had the same feeling as you describe beautifully: OK-ish) I am really happy you started anything like this. This is so much better.

Of course, I want to see the video!

1 Like

I had literally the same thoughts about HADashboard. Works better on a touchscreen than the stock HA UI, but takes a lot of effort to make pretty, and it’s relatively slow.

I’m definitely looking forward to using (and contributing) to this!

1 Like

The last drop was when I tried running HADashboard on my old Nexus 7 in the kitchen and it took 5 seconds to redraw the tiles since the JS library responsible to drawing the grid (still can’t figure out you need one) fired fadeIn events for every single widget and it took me about an hour to hack around this.

So Snapcast only exposes volume, source and mute/unmute + media title?

Do you have any examples for the iframe ?

{
   position: [0, 0],
   type: TYPES.IFRAME,
   id: {},
   url: 'http://yourdomain.com/page.html'
}

What if I want to position two groups vertically?

Groups are only horizontal. You could create just one group and leave an empty row whenever you need tiles to be separated. This is there by design to keep the grid layout, otherwise headers of one group would shift it down and it will become a complete mess.

The project is really amazing. It is a serious boost to HA front-end. It would be nice then if we could set the height of empty tiles row. Thank you.

This would also kill the grid I’m afraid. A solution could be to set cell size to a smaller number and increase tile size. This is very hacky though and is probably not worth it.

When defining a list i have this snip:
{title: 'Person1 > Work', icon: 'mdi-car', value: '&sensor.person1_work_commute.state' },

And it returns the value as expected, but just the value. is it possible to put “minutes” behind the value?

There’s no media title. Per speaker, there’s a source, volume and mute function. In Home Assistant you need to configure it as a media_player, but in fact, it is only a transportation protocol.
I did not commit this tweaked media_player because it is simple to make, but I can if you want.
I can highly recommend this to anyone who’s interested in Muti-Room Audio. I wrote an installation tutorial if anyone is interested.

Certainly! The duration is in the attribute:

value: '&sensor.person1_work_commute.attributes.duration'

I’ve created a short video demo of my dashboard. I’ve blurred out cameras to protect privacy :slight_smile:

8 Likes