TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Thanks
not sure, if this is going to work. As I understand it, this entity is defined by the ‘id’, as I’m using a script tile, and the script is only on for a second. I would like the entity to be an input_bolean, so the backgroundColor remains change until a different tag is press.

Than… you use an input_boolean. I’m not sure what exactly your question is than.

Let me try to formulate it in a different way.
In Script Tile I want to set the background based on an “entity”. Not the entity of the script, but on a different entity, which is a input_boolean.

customStyles: function(item, entity){
   return {
      'backgroundColor': this.states['XXX'].state === 'on' ? '#ff0000' : '#ffff00'
   }
 }
1 Like

Hi thanks for posting this about how to fix the page top margin with each page.

I was getting an extra 15px at top of each page before but with this added it works perfectly :slight_smile:

The page element is aligned vertically to be in the middle. You can adjust alignment of .page-align as follows:

vertical-align: top;

Hi. I’m really hoping someone can help me with this. I’m fairly new to HA and Tileboard but I’ve managed to make some progress. I’m getting stuck on displaying values from uk_transport on my tileboard. I’ve successfully gotten it working on the HA panel but I’m not sure which values to use for the tile. I simply want to show the next train (estimated)

My current (not working) code is

{
                 position: [0, 4],
                 height: 2,
                 width: 2,
                 title: 'Trains',
                 id: {},
                 type: TYPES.TEXT_LIST,
                 state: false,
                 list: [
                    {
                       title: 'Next train to East Croydon',
                       icon: 'mdi-office-building',
                       value: '&sensor.group.train_group.attributes.next_trains_estimated'
                    }
                 ]
               }

And from my states panel in HA

Entity: group.train_group
State: unknown
Attributes: entity_id: sensor.next_train_to_ecr,sensor.next_train_status,sensor.next_trains_estimated,sensor.next_trains_origin,sensor.next_trains_platform,sensor.next_trains_scheduled,sensor.next_trains_operator
order: 1
friendly_name: Trains

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ideally providing me with the fixed code if possible so I can learn from it!
Thanks!

Thanks, I’ve added this to my ‘custom.css’

.page-align {
  vertical-align: top;
}

And using it instead on overriding margin values, it’s working great :slight_smile:

EDIT:
@ dalaigh
looks like
value: '&sensor.group.train_group.attributes.next_trains_estimated'

could be the issue, you may need to find the entity attributes outside of the group

Thanks HypnoToad. I’m still struggling. I’m not a programmer (more of a UI guy who can hack a bit). I’ve found the entity outside of the group but it’s just echoing the variable(?) rather than the value with this:

{
                           title: 'Next train to East Croydon',
                           value: '&sensor.next_train_to_ecr.attributes.next_trains[0]'
                        }

I get

How do I format the variable?

Try:

&sensor.next_train_to_ecr.attributes.next_trains[0].state

I will very appreciate some basic example for the css classes of the tile…

Thanks!

Thanks boggiano. With that change it’s returning “[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object][0].state” :smile:

Is GitHub still the preferred method for reporting bugs/issues?

Is there a way to get the camera tile to use the mjpeg from HA rather than a static image that is refreshed at a set interval? My iPad 3 doesn’t seem to like the constant refresh (which happens even with the screensaver on).

HA does not expose mjpeg stream via API officially. You can specify path to the stream directly in tile definition.

Hi guys,

is there any possibility to use TYPES.COVER with a cover that doesn’t report the open or close state ? At the moment i have the problem that the up button is always deactivated :frowning:

Thanks

You can override the state by specifying it state: 'closed'

Hi resoai,

thanks a lot , but i’m still doing somthing wrong :

{
                        position: [0, 1],
                        type: TYPES.COVER,
                        id: 'cover.terrace_cover',
                        title: 'Terrace',
                        state: 'closed'
                    },

But it is still deactivted :

Greetings

I thought I’d come back with the solution when I finally figured it out. Thanks to boggiano who put me on the right course.

{
                      title: 'Next train in',
                      value: '&sensor.next_train_to_ecr.state',
                      unit: ' Minutes'
                    }

With this defined in the configuration.yaml (FYI: the indenting is probably wrong due to pasting the snippet)

sensor to:
  - platform: uk_transport
app_id: !id
app_key: !key
queries:
  - mode: train
    origin: LFD #Origin station
    destination: ECR #Destination station

- platform: template
    sensors:

next_train_status:
    friendly_name: 'Status'
    value_template: '{{states.sensor.next_train_to_ecr.attributes.next_trains[0].status}}'

group:
    default_view:
      view: yes
      icon: mdi:home
      entities:
        - group.Train_group

Train_group_to:
      name: Trains To London
      entities:
        - sensor.next_train_to_ecr

Has anyone come across a way to put a sensor value in a title or subtitle?

{
   position: [0, 2],
   type: TYPES.SENSOR,
   title: 'Next train',
   subtitle: '&sensor.next_train_status.state', // This doesn't work. Suggestions?
   id: 'sensor.next_trains_estimated',
   state: false, // hidding state
}

title: ‘Home Alarm’ + ’ - ’ + ‘&sensor.home_alarm_keypad.state’,

subtitle: 'Humidity: ’ + ‘&sensor.living_room_thermostat_nest_humidity.state’ + ‘%’,