Time&date input entity

Hi All,

within my custom componen wattpilot I am trying to add an input entity for time / datetime.
Unfortunately I am not able to find any platform for this and it seems nothing related is documented wihtin Entity | Home Assistant Developer Docs

Additionally I tried to find another component which provides a time/date input entity, but without any success…
Importing from “input_datetime” just causes the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 335, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
AttributeError: module 'homeassistant.components.input_datetime' has no attribute 'async_setup_entry'

Any link to a component creating an input date/time object or to documentation how to do this would be awesome :slight_smile:
Thanks

Sorry to say: but there is none :grimacing:

(As in, not just documentation, but we do not have such a component)

Hi Frenck,

thanks for the reply.
In meantime I have implemented a service to fulfill the setting of corresponding value.

That’s a first step. - Open topic is now to throw an event if the value is changed from the external system.
Using this combination it will be easy to implement an automation that keeps / syncs my value with an input_datetime object… so the component cannot provide a “ready to go” solution but anything necessary for the users to impement the input themselfes :slight_smile:

thanks for your help.

1 Like

I was just looking to do exactly the same.

For the custom component to handle the setup of several input datetime entities.

Is there anything on the roadmap to allow the setup of these entities programmatically?

Krs

Mark

1 Like