Time to commute to work and notification on phone

Hello,
First of all, I would like to add a card on my interface of the necessary time to commute to work.
Secondly, I would like to receive a notification on my phone 10 minutes prior to when i have to leave for work.

I tried with waze travel time and HERE travel time but i obviously didn’t succeeded.

Could anyone explain how I can do this (in details because im still a nooby with home assistant)

1 Like

Would be helpful to include your yaml config. Are you seeing the entity when you go to Configuration → Entities?

Check your config, this is what I have in mine:

- platform: waze_travel_time
  name: Waze Traffic to Work
  origin: 39.6976, -105.6462
  destination: 39.984, -104.365
  region: "US"

Simple Entity Card on the dashboard:

Result:

# Example entry for configuration.yaml
sensor:
  - platform: waze_travel_time
    name: Waze Trafic to Work
    origin: !secret huis
    destination: !secret werk
    region: "EU"

I don’t know why but my coordinates dont update. I still get the commute time between Montreal and Quebec as it is the example.

I was able to make it work by adding a space in between the first coordinates and the comma. Still weird because that is not specified in the documentation.

Any idea how to solve the second part. Send a notification to my phone 10 minutes before I have to leave for work if I would like to arrive for example at 8.30?

Great! You’ll find that there tend to be a lot of those little ‘gotchas’ that aren’t mentioned, such as tabbing in the yaml. Glad you got it figured out.

As for the notification - I’m not entirely sure as I hadn’t even thought about that until you mentioned it that it would be useful to have those as I have this on my wall mounted tablet but never remember to look at it before I walk out the door. I pretty much leave around the same time everyday so I was going to build one with the reported time and the Route. I’m sure you could template something but I haven’t gone down that road yet of figuring out how to build them.