Time zones

I have an issue with time zone differences between HA and AppDaemon which I could really do with some help on.

I’m running Home Assistant 3.10 using the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 32bit image. I want to use Schedy so I installed the AppDaemon 4 community add-on and added “- hass-apps” to the list of “python_packages:” in the AppDaemon config. I wrote my first schedule following the Schedy tutorial and it works to the extent that it turns the heating on and offer and sets the target temperature. The problem is the timing is out by 1 hour e.g. tasks scheduled for 11am are running at 10am. The time zone I have in HA’s general settings is Europe/London. I can see events are logging with the correct time stamp in the system log, but in the supervisor > Add-ons > App Daemon they are logging 1 hour later than they should be.

I’ve googled the issue and this looked promising:

But it wasn’t clear to me where to make setting changes, whether the advice in that thread was relevant to me because I’m using the AppDaemon community add-on, and why it doesn’t just work out of the box?

Could anyone point me to whether I do need to set a time_zone for AppDaemon and if so exactly where I need to do it?

Many thanks

Adam

what you found was about an old AD version.

appdaemon now has its own timezone settings.
and you need to set them in appdaemon.yaml in the appdaemon config directory.

Ah, I see! Having just looked at appdaemon.yaml I saw time_zone was set to Europe/Amsterdam. Would it be better default to the same as HA? Or add a note in the tutorial or docs to say the time_zone needs to be changed. Sorry if I missed this.