Timezone Correct, Time Not?

I recently reinstalled and re-setup HA after having used it for over a year. Trying to apply lessons learned to a fresh installation. I noticed, after a few weeks, the TIME is off on my HA system.

I see lots of “wrong system time” posts, but can’t find one that helps me. I run Home Assistant on a rack server as a VM. I have my timezone set in settings>system>general as GMT -6 Central Time (I’m in the USA Chicago/Dallas Central Timezone).

Bios/System time on the rack server is correct.
{{now}} and {{utcnow}}: That time on line 1 is correct in terms of HOUR and MINUTE. I suppose we are -5 hours at the moment for DST.
2023-04-01 08:30:36.012944-05:00
2023-04-01 13:30:36.012985+00:00

I noticed my Energy Monitor is reporting current events as 2 hours ago. I try manually turning devices on/off, and see in the device log that although I just did it, the log entry reports it was done manually by me “2 hours ago.”

My automations seem to happen at the correct times, but also are reported as happening 2 hours prior in the logs. Even Sun-card says sunrise is at 5:14AM. No, it’s at 7:14AM.

I’ve rebooted both the hypervisor and HA, I’ve gone into the bios to validate the system time. I’ve done into idrac to set up NTP pools for system time. I’m stuck, I did not have this problem before reinstalling HA.

Thoughts? I’m stuck! Thanks.

I just posed this topic at 8:40AM, and even the community website says I posted it 2 hours ago!

Oh, is it my windows system that I reinstalled yesterday reporting bogus time??!?!?!?!

I see my Windows installation was on the right time, but wrong timezone.

This fixed it!, My logs now reference correctly.

I’ll just leave this posted in case it helps someone else