Timezone wrong with 0.103.6 & 0.103.5

hello, on my three Raspberry Pi, python3 shows the correct local time:

$ python3 -c 'import datetime; print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S"))'
09:09:51

I have three instances of home assistant, one running 0.103.6 and two running 0.103.5.
In all 3 instances HA thinks that the time is one hour earlier and my triggers activate an hour late. I confirmed the error in HomeAssistant’s idea of the current time with {{ now() }} in the template window in developer tools. Is time zone handling broken in these recent versions of home assistant?

You can find my HA configuration (via Chef recipes in Ruby) in github. I do not set the timezone using environment variables:

$ env - python3 -c 'import datetime; print (datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%H:%M:%S"))'
09:18:13
$ ls -l /etc/localtime
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 32 Dec 22 23:36 /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Paris

My Raspberry Pi are running Raspbian GNU/Linux 10.

So on your machine with the triggers triggering late, does {{ now() }} show the correct time in the template editor?

{{ now() }} shows the incorrect time. It shows 08:18:13 instead of 09:18:13.

did you configure each home assistant with the correct timezone?

In fact no, the time zone was not set correctly and that was the cause of the offset in HA’s time.

When I moved to generating the yaml the time zone was forgotten. I then assumed that the system’s timezone was the default time_zone for HA. The problem was fixed by setting the time_zone.

thank you for your help.