TLS using Mosquitto 1.6

as per https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/23506
I’m using Mosquitto 1.6 with LetsEncrypt Certs which work fine using something like MQTT Explorer. But when I try and shift HA to use the encrypted port it fails to connect and in the Mosquitto Logs I see :

1606242033: New connection from 192.168.1.100 on port 8883.
1606242033: OpenSSL Error[0]: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number
1606242033: Socket error on client , disconnecting.

looks like the previous solution was to ass tls_version: tlsv1.2 to the config file but this doesn’t work with HA > 115.
Any one got any advice ?

Ok found the issue … I’ll preface this with I’m new to HA (been running it for about 2 weeks now) But I’m a Sysadmin too hence the desire for SSL on MQTT :slight_smile:

HA can’t have an Integration that uses both UI config and configuration.yaml config so I can’t configure the MQTT integration using the UI and simply add the certificate: into the configuration.yaml. it is one or the other … I’m too used to Puppet and Hiera’s deep merge :slight_smile: So I have 2 choices … either switch to using the configuration.yaml or hack the mqtt entity in .storage/core.config_entries. I tried it both ways and they both work but I think that using the configuration.yaml is the “best” way for now … gonna raise a ticket on Github.