Tmp not mapped?

In “Home Assistant supervised” (formerly “HassIO generic Linux install”), it appears /tmp isn’t mapped to /usr/share/hassio/tmp?

Only /config, /share and /ssl is mapped as far as I can tell.

Is there any way to map /tmp to the outside world? Where is the docker file I need to edit?

Why do you need it mapped? You can access it via ssh anyway?

I’m using the host system SSH, which can’t access /tmp inside home-assistant docker container unless specifically go into the container bash.

If it’s not mapped as I previously thought, what exactly is the /usr/share/hassio/tmp folder used for anyway?

Gotcha… inside the container… but why do you want/need to access that?

Should also say if you are running HA-Supervised, you can’t play with the docker command… If you run HA-Core you can use docker-compose etc but then you can’t use the HA addons you get with Supervised.

So there isn’t a docker compose file or a docker command/setting anywhere to edit in HA-Supervised?

The Addons are so useful, only running HA-core isn’t an option. But sometimes it would be nice to have access to folders not exposed by default.

You still haven’t said why you would need to do this… if you say why there may be some alternative way to get the result you want.

Adding more mapped directory to HA container is always something I wanted to do, for example:

• Trigger shell commands in HA to copy/move snapshot backup file to NAS rather than using shell script in host system with crontab (need backup and NAS folder)
  • camera.record to a different directory than shared or config (eg. not on SD card, a NAS location)
  • file sensor that gets updated every 5min by crontab script on host system, this must be in RAMdisk and doesn’t matter if lost after a reboot (any tmp folder)

Another question I wanted to ask was:
What is /usr/share/hassio/tmp used for anyway?
Reason I ask is because as the name suggests, it’s a temporary directory, which means should be safe to place into RAMdisk and not bother syncing data.

As far as I can see, only snapshot uses it to tar addon data folder, before making a tar of everything. Nothing else uses it?