To-do Integration - accessing list contents via template

The addition of the “To-do” integration to HAss is something I didn’t even know I needed, but it will prove extremely useful :slight_smile: . However, the documentation is quite… brief at the moment, and I cannot figure out if it is possible to access the items in a to-do list via a template

My plan is to use this in an automation that sends a notification with the incomplete items in a specific to-do list. This means that I need a way to get the items. Is this possible using a template? If so, what would that template look like?

Edited to rephrase: is there any way of accessing a to-do list contents? I cannot find anything - a state attribute, a service, anything! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

hi, see here

Thank you. For the next person looking for this, the basic answer is “it is not possible for now”. It will be possible via a service call, but that service call does not exist yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

The service call is now available in 2024.1.0.

however, I am still coming up sort trying to do this in the template editor.

As far as I can tell, the actual items are only available via a service call ( todo.get_items ). And since there doesn’t seem to be a way to call a service inside a template, I’ve been struggling with this as well.

The best solution I was able to find so far is to use the result of the service call in an automation - see here for an example.