Today widget

I have cretaed an action fot the today widget on in Companion 2.0.0 (40) but how can I use this in automations in HA?

No one has any experience how to use the action part for automations in the companion app (44)?

Check out the very handy new docs

1 Like

very nice and works perfectly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good afternoon, is the applewatch app working? The event is working, but by pressing the clock button nothing happens

Yep, plenty of people are reporting that the Apple Watch app and complications are working. Sometimes a little slow to update, but they work.

Ok, it worked perfectly.

Having a hard time getting widgets to work. The link above is broken. Would love to find a doc to follow. Thanks

This is my automation.yaml with a working widget.

- alias: Action iOS pause
    initial_state: true
    trigger:
      - platform: event
        event_type: ios.action_fired
        event_data:
          actionName: 'Pause'
    action:
      - service: scene.turn_on
        entity_id: scene.pause
      - service: media_player.media_pause
        data:
          entity_id: all

In your app under “actions” you add a new one. “name” and “text” is called “Pause”
One of them actually doesn´t have to get this name but I can´t remember which one :slight_smile:

Thank you. I was using mobile_app.action_fired instead of ios.action_fired. Do you only need the automation and the settings on the apple device? Nothing under ios: ?

I think one of the few remaining uses of “ios.” instead of “mobile_app.” is the widget part.
No the ios: part of the configuration.yaml is for actionable notifications.
https://companion.home-assistant.io/en/notifications/actionable

I get that the link doesn’t exist

Updated link: https://companion.home-assistant.io/en/core/actions

1 Like

Thanks! Do you know a link or helpful document or forum that talks about how to setup a complication?

Has anyone tried using multiple widgets? Using one is working great but when I’m using 2 different ones both are triggerd when one is pushed.

You need to add a actionName to your trigger. See the example automation here

i’m having the same issue. I have 3 actions all different action names but everytime i trigger any of them, they all get triggered.

I assume this is solved now but for anyone finding this the reply above will also cover kasarap’s problemproblem. You’re only triggering you automation on ios.action_fired not including the actionName