Todoist has no calendar

Hi.

I added Todoist today but the only thing I see is the service. Calendar did not apear. When I add a custom_calender, I got this one but not the task, even when this calendar is for all tasks like it is in the docs.

The accessable logs in the frontend has nothing regarding todoist or calendar, and in Todoist nothing about sync or share. Where can I hunt this „bug“ next? :slight_smile: May someone faced this too?

The current todoist integration is broken. Currently an outdated version of todoist-pyton is used (https://github.com/Doist/todoist-python) which uses removed API calls.

The fix would be to migrate the Home Assistant todoist component to 8.0.0, a overview of breaking changes can be found here: https://github.com/Doist/todoist-python/blob/411a39a46ae9ceee44f3897b9a6b19890893530c/CHANGELOG.md

hey Koenkk,
can u please explain how to migrate the 8.0.0 component to hass.io, having the same problem here - whole family uses todoist and as far as i know there is no other real list solution (grouchy not mentioned because its to complicated for the rest of the fam) out there

greetings :slight_smile:

Its not straight forward as there are breaking changes in the API.

damn, but thanks a lot for the fast response - have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

I just started using todoist so I went ahead and updated the code. I’ll be creating a pull request in home-assistant soon. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/27273

1 Like

Hi everyone! Has this been fixed? It seems that this issue was addressed in late 2019, yet I cannot get the Todoist integration working at all. I see the services to add tasks, and in the calendar tab I see all of my projects, but no tasks/events show on the calendar. By toggling certain projects, I can get single weird tasks to show up that say “7p” or “2p” but I can’t interact with them at all and nothing else appears.

Is this still broken, or did I (most likely) do something wrong? Happy to share configs, logs, etc.

I’m not entirely sure if the calendar can be interacted by clicking on an event. As far as I can tell with the calendars I use (todoist/google) none of the events can be clicked on.

I"m working on a fix for the todoist calendar events not showing the title of the task.

Awesome. I didn’t know if the events should be clickable, because I’d have to see them first in order to try. :wink: I have 50-60 tasks, most with due dates, and yet I only got a couple to show, and when they did they had weird titles like “7p” or “2p”. Further, I was not able to see any “sensors” or “attributes” at all. As others have said, the API key is not the issue because I was able to add tasks.

For now, I have it disabled. I will try it again if/when it is ever fixed. To be clear, Home Assistant is awesome and this doesn’t in any way affect my opinion of it. Honestly, I don’t even know what I’d do with the integration!!!

Thanks!!

Was playing with this today, and noticed that I can get my Todoist tasks to show if I uncheck and re-check the project (calendar) on the left side. However, if I leave the calendar panel and return, they’re gone again. Could this be progress?

UPDATE: Never mind; I edited my config to remove the example custom projects and now it works as expected. Looks like this is fixed!!!

1 Like