Toggle for climate service in mushroom climate card

Hi all,

For a very long time I’ve had several mushroom-climate-card’s on my dashboard.
The default tap action was always set to “Default Action”. This resulted in me being able to toggle the climate entity just by tapping on the icon.
Now, I think since updating to 2023.6, this toggle functionality has stopped working. I can no longer turn the entities on, only off. Setting the tap action to Toggle gives the same behavior. I noticed that there isn’t a climate.toggle service but I cannot find any documentation on this being removed recently. Nor can I find any recent changes in mushroom.

While I am struggling to understand why this is suddenly broken I am more interested in fixing it. Does anyone have any idea? I don’t really want to create seperate service templates for each climate entity…

This is my current YAML for the mushroom cards:

type: horizontal-stack
cards:
  - type: custom:mushroom-climate-card
    entity: climate.airco_woonkamer
    layout: vertical
    hvac_modes:
      - cool
      - heat
      - fan_only
    show_temperature_control: true
    collapsible_controls: true
    hold_action:
      action: more-info
    name: Woonkamer
    fill_container: true
    icon: mdi:air-conditioner
    tap_action:
      action: toggle
  - type: custom:mushroom-climate-card
    entity: climate.airco_hoofd_slaapkamer
    layout: vertical
    hvac_modes:
      - cool
      - heat
      - fan_only
    show_temperature_control: true
    collapsible_controls: true
    hold_action:
      action: more-info
    name: Hoofd Slaapkamer
    fill_container: true
    icon: mdi:air-conditioner
    tap_action:
      action: toggle

So it looks like this is caused because the climate.turn_on service doesn’t do anything anymore…
Instead, I am now forced to use climate.set_hvac_mode and give a new state…

I filed an issue with Mushroom card on their GitHub. Its gotten 0 attention.

Pretty lame that climate.turn_on is broken.

I think I’m going to change my mushroom cards’ “Tap Action” to “More info” for now.

Really screws up my dashboards.

EDIT: I just discovered this quick work-around. Turn off collapsible_controls: true, so the different climate modes are accessible while the climate unit is off.

I created an issue on the Hass Git.

I also use the work around you mentioned but it doesn’t help with voice assistants and such. You cannot say “turn on the AC” anymore. You have to say “set AC to cool”.

Have this behavior now as well and can confirm “turn on” is not working anymore. Did someone create an issue?

o.k. found one:

You’re right. I thought I was noticing this with my voice assistant, Google Home devices. I just confirmed it.

Me: “Turn on AC”
Google Home: “Turning on Bedroom AC”

Bedroom AC didn’t turn on

The latest update, 2023.6.2, has resolved this issue for me.