šŸš½ Toilet Exhaust Fan - Time Delay - Trigger Wait Time - Time

YEEEESSA
thank you

No problemā€¦ it is probably your browser. Good to know it is not HA and thanks for letting us know :+1:

Enjoy

Blacky :smiley:

Hey @Blacky , I know Iā€™m already stimulating thought in your other Blueprints, just wanted to check in - haha that Iā€™m now dedicating myself to this one.

But actually I just wanted to say ā€œoh shit, what you have a bluprint forā€ *grin! I probably wonā€™t use this one as much as I thought, but I think it comes closest to your blueprints. Itā€™s about ventilating or filtering my rooms. I have roller blinds in every room, which are floor-to-ceiling and set so that they are down (at least in the bedroom). There are already sensors on the doors, so I already open the blinds to 40%. Now I wanted to use this bluprint to ensure that the fresh air is also filtered immediately and that there is as little pollen in the air as possible, after closing the air filter should continue to run ā€¦ etcā€¦

Iā€™m already excited and hope that Iā€™ll leave you in peace :slight_smile:

Best regards
Seger

1 Like

New update 2.1

New Features :new:

• Manual Fan Switch Option - This feature enables manual control of the fan, allowing you to turn it ON or OFF independently. The auto off option may assist you to never overlook turning the fan OFF or can also serve as a manual timer.

NOTE - Please note that the manual fan switch entity cannot be connected to either your actual fan switch or the trigger. It must function as a completely independent switch; otherwise, the automation will not operate.

• Global Conditions - You can now enter any global conditions you would like to apply to the automation.

Maintenance :toolbox:

• Rebuild HA restart option.
  • Cleaned up conditions.
  • Changed some descriptions wording.

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed bugs in inverted trigger by-pass.
  • Fixed bugs in inverted trigger operation.
  • Fixed bug in by-pass if entity was entered and option was disabled.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

New update 2.2

Maintenance :toolbox:

• Update logic on manual fan switch.

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

New update 2.3

Added Logic :gear:

• Manual fan switch can now force fan ON when using the ā€œTrigger Wait Optionā€ and the trigger is ON.

Enjoy

Your blueprints are EXCELLENT - thanks so much for the huge amount of time that it takes to write and maintain these, I know itā€™s a lot of effort. MUCH appreciated!

I came here to ask if this blueprint could be used with the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan and I see you have already addressed that :slight_smile: I will have a look and see if I can get both working together.

I did actually start out configuring the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan blueprint but as my lights and the fan I use are all on a Philips Hue network, I couldnā€™t see the devices needed. Maybe thatā€™s a config option on the Hue integration that I still need to do? I used to use HA for a few years but since moving have only just re-built and installed it on a Pi 4.

Thanks.

You can use all three, toilet, bathroom and sensor lightā€¦ they will all work together and I can recall helping another community member. Click here and follow this conversation.

1 Like

New update 2.4

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed bugs when by-pass turns OFF.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

Enjoy

FAQ - How to link the Toilet Exhaust Fan Blueprint With Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan Blueprint

1. First you must create a toggle helper. Go to Settings / Devices & Services / click on the Helpers tab / click Create Helper / and select Toggle

Then input the name you would like to call the toggle helper and select an icon if you like and click create.

2. Now you have a toggle helper that we can use in both automations. Once you created both automations using the blueprints we then can add the link between the two.

3. Go into the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan automation. In the ā€œFan Switchā€ we will add the toggle helper we just created. Then click save.

4. Go into the Toilet Exhaust Fan automation. In the by-pass section we will enable option 3 and add the toggle helper into ā€œBy-pass Switch - Keep The Fan Current Stateā€. When using this option we canā€™t enable the auto OFF feature as the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan automation will be controlling it.

Then down the bottom make sure the HA Restart Option is disabled as the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan automation already has a built in HA restart option and is why this one is optional so we can disable it when linking the two. Once done click save.

Your automations will now be linked giving priority to the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan automation.

Enjoy

Back to the FAQ Click Here

Hi, Apologies for basic questions (HA noob here). I have a bathroom light and bathroom fan that Iā€™m using this blueprint on. Iā€™d like to add the manual fan switch option but am confused on how to set it up. How do I make a manual fan switch entity thatā€™s not connected ot the actual fan but will also trigger the fan?

Thanks

@pinkchry

Welcome to the community.

You can create a toggle hepper if you like or there are many different ways to add a manual wall switch so I will show you the toggle helper and if you would like a manual wall switch is is just like any other switch into HA but connected to nothingā€¦ just need the state change.

1. Go to Settings > Devices & Services > click on the ā€œHelpersā€ tab / click ā€œ+ CREATE HELPERā€ and select ā€œToggleā€.

2. Add your name. You can also add an icon if you like and click create.

3. Add it into the ā€˜Manual Fan Switchā€™.

Thanks for the reply. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m doing something wrong. Hereā€™s what I want to happen. I have two physical swtiches (each for the fan and the light). The light automation works perfect. What Iā€™d like is to be able to turn on the fan switch and have it run for a bit and turn off automatically. Would that scenario work with the manual fan switch feature?

Yes but the switch can be the same switch that controls the fan. Try it will a toggle helper and you can see how it works. Setting below shows the fan to run for 5 min.

I tried adding the Helper as the Manual Fan Switch and turning on the actual fan switch does not seem to trigger the auto off. To be explicit here are my settings

Downstairs Bathroom lights is the switch that turns on the lights. Downstairs Bathroom Fan is the switch that turns on the fan. And Down Bathroom Helper is the Toggle Helper. In this case, turning on the fan using the Downstairs Bathroom Fan does not trigger the auto off.

@pinkchry

Just tested it here and all is working. Note your bathroom light must be OFF. You donā€™t turn the fan ON you turn the toggle helper ON. When you turn the toggle helper ON it will turn the fan ON and then OFF in the auto OFF time delay.

Yeah. Thatā€™s the problem. I wanted the fan to turn on using the switch because thatā€™s what all the rest of the family uses. It does work with turning it on via the toggle helper.

@pinkchry

The problem you have is if the automation turns ON the fan it is the same as turning ON the switch. It is the same entity. So if you use the switch for the manual fan then every time the fan is turned ON with the automation it turns ON the manual switch. Hope you can see the conflict. So the manual switch must be totally independent.

So what you can do is get a Shelly 2PM and use one contact for the fan and the other for the manual switch. Wire the manual switch to the switch on the wall not the fan.

Ok. So my switches are from hubitat and it added a switch to fan helper ā€œChange device type of switchā€). I can use that for the automation and it works as now there are two entities that control the fan. Havenā€™t figured out how to make such a helper myself but that sounds like a possible workaround

@pinkchry

Nice one, glad you are up and running.