Tongou Smart Meter Thoughts

Hey all!

I am looking at purchasing one of these to monitor the energy coming in and out of my house from the grid. Does anyone know if this device is good/accurate?

Thanks!

It is Tuya, so cloud dependant. Search the forum about the Tuya integration.

On the other hand, same meter is available in Zigbee. No cloud issues, local only.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005348417763.html

Maybe the Local Tuya integration can help to remove the cloud dependency. It works pretty good and you only need the cloud once for setup.

A Zigbee Model for the device would also be a good idea!

Would you say that the product is trustworthy? And or does anyone have experience using this?

The zigbee one does sound better. I will have another look into that one

I have some of these devices TO-Q-SY1-JWT installed using LocalTuya.
Connection by Wifi on multiple Accesspoints.
Integration is not plug&play but it works. I can control the switches and read power, voltage and current.
But on one wifi accesspoint the connection is often lost.
There are 2 Tongou devices connected to this accesspoint, together with some Shellyplugs, a heat pump and an SMA solar inverter.
All devices stay well connected except the Tongou modules. They seem to connect alternately, with a slight overlap. If I put the accesspoint closer to one of them, that one connects and the other one almost never connects.
Is this a wifi problem or has it to do something with the LocalTuya integration (or with the Tongou modules themselves)?

Sounds like a device problem to me, although I have no experience with these devices (since I am still doing my research). Did you manage to find a way to read power being exported to the grid?

To measure the current to and from the gird I use a smart meter in combination with with the P1 DSMR module from SmartGateways.nl
To measure the current of my solar panels I use the Tongou TO-Q-SY2-163JZT (ZigBee) to my complete satisfaction.
So I don’t know whether the Tongou also measures negative current flow, but I assume it does.

Hello, can you confirm that it also measures negative current flow, please? Thanks!

I has installed those and works ok except I cant have the energy meter in HASS, only in tuya app.