Toon van Eneco custom component

@kurniawan77 You could remove lines 43 to 54 in /sensor/toon.py to disable the sensor and both 18 and 19 in /switch/toon.py to remove the switch part. Let me know if it works.

@Imperial-Guard Where is you Toon displaying that? I don’t think mine has that functionality at all.

I think it has to do with the OpenTherm functionality.

So when I use hotwater for certain amount of time I see water tap symbol with a flame

Interesting, can you see this in the app too?

This works perfect!

Hi,

I think the physical Toon device sees if it has the burner on for heat. Then it displays the heating symbol. If it does not heat, but the burner is on, it must a water demand.
By the wy, keep up the good work all.

Regards

Bert

Not sure if I can post this here, but I have been using the custom component version of @rdnzl for my rooted Toon for a while now. Until yesterday it worked perfectly.

However, I’ve updated HASS to the latest version (0.59.2) yesterday and now I’m not able to see the climate.toon custom component anymore. The Toon p1-values are still being retrieved, so the interfacing is still working.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Off topic but all climate components needed to be upgraded before 0.59 went live because of an internal change in hass. You can ask the original developer to implement supported_features or implement it yourself.

I have updated the climate/toon.py file in my github repo, had it running with development code for some time, forgot to push it…

1 Like

thanks a lot!

I tried the updated code but still can’t see the component in Hassio frontend. Did I miss a step?

And does it work on the non-rooted Toon or should I root it? If yes, where to find instruction to root?

There are 2 components for controlling Toon:

1. for non-rooted Toons, by using your toonopafstand account
  2. for rooted Toons, for which you need to root your Toon. There’s a subforum on domoticaforum.eu with all the information
1 Like

People with issues with the Toon after the Hass.io update?
Mine is not visible anymore

It’s because of an internal change in 0.59, if you update to the latest version on github it should work again (hopefully).

Hello everybody and happy new year! I have just uploaded the new toonapilib that works with the official toon api. Uploaded version is 0.1.1 and code can be found at https://github.com/costastf/toonapilib.git .The usability is exactly the same as well as the api. The only thing changed from the previous library is the main object signature which now requires two more values, the consumer_key and the consumer_secret that one would get from registering on the official api.

So basically the only thing we need to do to have this thing working “properly” is update the component to handle those extra configuration values and update the components documentation to describe the process of registering on the api to actually get those values.

@boltgolt would you be up to picking this up? :heart_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@boltgolt, if you are up to it, quick tip here. On the registration it is required to specify a callback url since it depends on Oath2. I have build the library to not actually need any callback so there is no need for a service listening so using a value of “http://127.0.0.1” is fine for that field. The library identifies the request to redirect and gets the challenge code from the request and completes the authentication. Also I am automagically updating the token whenever it expires every two hours so the usage is seamless and the library can be used in a service context. Thats it for now…

Sure thing, i’ll update to toonapilib in the coming days and pull it in ToonHA. Is it a good idea to test that for a week or so and then merge it into the home assistant main repo?

That’s what I had in mind actually. I haven’t really tested it as a service and honestly I am quite busy these days. You rock!

Will this be implemented in the next release? if you need testers please let me know what we can do to help out.

Thanks!

I have a working implementation, just waiting for a tiny bugfix and then I’ll merge on the main ToonHA repo. Early testers would be great, could i notify you when a version is ready for testing?