Toshiba home AC control

there is a new version of toshiba-ac integration with bumped dependencies already.

@h4de5
Hi,
Do you have any idea if and or when we can use the merit features using Home Assistant?
I like the integration already, but hate the Toshiba app. Sometimes the Toshiba app does not work as suggested with the timer function.
Would be nice if i can use your integration for that.

Thanks!

Hello all. I posted this already in another thread but removed since it was quite dead.

Anyways trying to ask this here now. For some reason in the latest Toshiba AC updates, the below code stopped working for me. This always gives out 0. Any idea why?

- sensor:
    -  name: "olohuone_status"
       state: >-
        {% if state_attr('climate.ac_34250900', 'hvac_action') == "heating" %}
        {% else %}
        {% endif %} 

yes. the hvac_action had a value which was assumed or calculated, but not actually received from the api, while it was working as long as you only used HA, it disperses when you also use the toshiba app. this changed a while ago here: Remove inaccurate hvac_action by tetienne · Pull Request #80 · h4de5/home-assistant-toshiba_ac · GitHub

there is no replacement for that.

ok good to know. too bad.

If it uses one of these guys:

Then it looks like ESPHome would be your answer.

Hi David, I have the same issue. The synchronization stop at 79% with the error message. Did you find solution?

Hello,
I am using the ‘Toshiba AC control’ integration. I find it great, it’s even much simpler to use than the provided remote controls. However, I’m trying to create an automation to adjust the temperature based on the outdoor temperature. For this purpose, I have created a sensor that allows me to subtract 5°C from the sheltered temperature. However, in the automations, I’m unable to retrieve the value of this sensor. If anyone has an idea, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

on some devices - depending on the wiring - the external temperature is only available while the device is running.

Hi ‘h4de5 Andi’,
Thank you for your answer. here, there is no question of the temperature returned by the outdoor group. I use a dedicated temperature sensor, better positioned than my outdoor unit. Here, my problem being not to succeed in recovering the calculated value because the component only accepts a numerical value and not a reference to a sensor.

hello
I want to add toshiba ac to home assistant. but unable to find Could you please advise me?

please follow the installation steps on the github page: GitHub - h4de5/home-assistant-toshiba_ac: Toshiba AC integration into home-assistant.io

It’s kind of mind boggling to me that Toshiba air conditioners in North America are just completely unsupported when it comes to any sort of home automation or home assistant support (other than via the Toshiba AC NA app).

Neither the Toshiba or Midea integrations work for controlling the Toshiba devices if you live in America. Crazy!

First off, Nice work!
Then, any update to this?
It would be really helpful to have it as a separate value.

reason:

1. you can make an automation estimate if the fan is working to slow if you compare the indoor unit temperature vs other room sensor (high diff eq slow fan…)

2. you can also make calculations on the efficiency on the AC with the delta temperature between indoor and outdoor. and then also map it against power consumption.

you can create a new sensor using the template helper out of any attribute like this:

1 Like

With last release 2023.12.0 is not working any more .

This is clearly not a Feature Request against a core function, but rather a third party support thread.
Thread will be moved to third partr for future reference.

It would be nice to integrate the Comfort Sleep function. It can be done?

I also came here looking for this entity (AC_xxx_IndoorTemperature)

-Goff

Could be me but I think the toshiba ac servers are down since last night.
Official app does not work anymore