Touchpanel for man cave (desk or door. Not decided yet.)

I have several wallmounted tablets around the home. Also a 3.5" screen connected to a raspberry as keypad for alarm.

That last bit I am now in the process of upgrading to a 7.9" touchscreen. I secured one and it works like a charm.

It will be integrated into my desk or door. Not decided yet.
But my own personal “Enterprise/Iron man” man cave is going to be soooooo friggin’ awesome.

Only thing I am trying to work out is the Chrome fullscreen going beyond the screen edge. When not in fullscreen it resizes properly.

1 Like

Interesting dimensions on that touchscreen! What model is that?

It’s this puppy. Waveshare 7.9inch Capacitive Touch Screen LCD, 400×1280

https://www.waveshare.com/7.9inch-hdmi-lcd.htm

Welcome @TurtleFrog

Very interesting display. I’ve settled on docked tablets otherwise I’d be all over this as a wall paneled control pad by the door of each room, replacing light switches. For us though, voice interaction and automatons are the main “interfaces” for HA so the displays and tables are mainly for messaging or viewing security cameras. What I can see using this for is a replacement for card reader outside my office door - yes, I have mag locks on my office door. :wink:

Nice find! Re the resolution and browser going off the screen, I’m not in front of a computer but there should be X/Xwindows settings for your display…at least that’s what they used to be called, not sure if terminology has changed. You’ll want to edit the display modes for your display and change the resolution to match your display vs the format of a “traditional” display’s aspect ratio. Hopefully this is enough to point you to some targeted google searches.

Thanks,

Joni

Hi @rjchu I did set the correct dimensions for the screen. Verything fits nice and tight within the screen paramaters.

Only thing that goes off screen and does not resize is the HASS screen. Anything else browser wise does resize within paramaters when in fullscreen.

When I add user agent switcher in Chrome and have it act as a Android mobile then it resizes to fit. That is the view you see in video (check grey banner bottom screen in video). The photo’s included show it running with the user agent switcher.

I also have tablets around the home. Was one of the very first if not the first :smiley:
This however is for the door (keypad and then some) to my private office or in my office desk as extra. In all cases overkill just because I can and want :smiley:

Hi! I’m looking to purchase this also (11.9" version). did you get it working without cutoffs? I was thinking using this as a barscreen with some tiles on it to show my server status and fan controls. mounting it in a 19" rack housing my smarthome stuff and NAS equipement.

I really need it to be fullscreen all the time, also dimm the screen when not in use. can I get this going only via the browser or should I just run HA install only?