TP Link 105 error

Hi All-

I have some 3rd party switches that should show as TP Link 105s (Voion). When I add the TP Link component, I get the following error in my log.

2017-06-12 17:41:34 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Error while setting up platform tplink
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 160, in _async_setup_platform
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=self.hass.loop)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 372, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 54, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/switch/tplink.py”, line 36, in setup_platform
from pyHS100 import SmartPlug
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/pyHS100/init.py”, line 4, in
from pyHS100.pyHS100 import SmartBulb, SmartPlug, TPLinkSmartHomeProtocol, SmartPlugException
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/pyHS100/pyHS100/init.py”, line 4, in
from pyHS100.pyHS100 import SmartBulb, SmartPlug, TPLinkSmartHomeProtocol, SmartPlugException
ImportError: cannot import name ‘SmartBulb’

I am running Hassbian with version .46. I have seen the TP LInk posts in here and it looks like support had been added in version .43.

I have also updated the python component with:
sudo pip3 install pyHS100==0.2.4.2 --upgrade --target /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps

Prior to this update, I had gotten a lot more error messages when including the component.

Switch configuration is just:
- platform: tplink
host: 192.168.1.31

Any ideas?

How are you certain that these 3rd party plugs have the same firmware as the TP-Links?

The error looks like there’s a problem with the pyHS100 module.

Not certain, but everything I have found points to that. It was recognized as a 105 (though errored as not supported) before I updated the pyHS100 module.

I really doubt this is TP-Link compatible. Try using TP-Link’s Kasa app and see if it works, if it does not - it’s not really compatible.