TP-Link Kasa not linking

Hello brains trust,

Could someone help me configure my TP-Link/Kasa integration?

I had it connected but found it wasn’t finding new devices. I removed the integration and on trying to reinstall it simply would not find the host when I leave it blank in the setup process.

I found some older threads regarding setting up the tplink.yaml file with the IP’s of the devices so I have the following setup in my config file:

With the following in the new tplink.yaml

When I try the integration again, it still has an error finding a host.

I’m not understanding what to do - is anyone able to assist, please?

Out of interest - the home assistant server is on the .86 subnet, while the devices are on the .10 subnet - however, I have not yet enabled ANY firewall restrictions between these subnets and other integrations find devices on that subnet without issue…

I’m assuming these are Smart Plugs? Have you checked the firmware isn’t the latest? The local API was removed/blocked and if the devices are up-to-date they will not work.

The beta firmware they were also offering is no longer available.

Alerts – Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

Oh man :persevere:

Sounds like this would be my issue. Disappointing.

Do you have a go to smart plug ?

For me this was the reason to ditch the Kasa plugs and move to Shelly plugs. Those work locally and even the cloud functionality needs to be actively enabled! Well done, Shelly!
Check out the Shelly S Plug (compact, up to 2500W) or the bigger Shelly Plug (up to 3600W)

1 Like

I’m in the UK so mine would be of no use to you (I gather you’re in AUS?), but usually cheap and cheerful so long as I can flash Tasmota to them.

Edit:
That’s what I get for assuming, you use the 3 pins too… still not quite the same thought…

Good thinking re tasmota

I’ll look into options! The Shelley sounds interesting too

Have a look on this site, you may find a couple of interest.

1 Like

That’s an awesome resource, thank for the share!

Great, i just ordered a buch of them on PrimeDay - usually pretty happy with TP link products, and saw there is a plugin for them.

So they are all going back - and i’m back waiting for a good shelly deal to get some more.