TP-Link not working after updating to 0.89.1

So i updated to the last version of hassio, and my tp-link bulb isn’t detected, i get the next messages:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 127, in _async_setup_platform
asyncio.shield(task, loop=hass.loop),
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 769, in shield
inner = ensure_future(arg, loop=loop)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 592, in ensure_future
raise TypeError('An asyncio.Future, a coroutine or an awaitable is ’
TypeError: An asyncio.Future, a coroutine or an awaitable is required

Loading as a platform is no longer supported, convert to use the tplink component.

I can understand that the platform structure isn’t supported and it says to convert, but, convert to what.

My config is the next:

light:
  - platform: tplink
    host: 192.168.1.40
    name: Name

I see something related to tp-link on changelogs, but the docs are the same.

Any idea?

Thanks.

You need to add the platform using configuration - integrations menu

Solved thanks:

why the step backwards? :frowning:
Can’t use “name:” directives anymore :frowning:

That’s true, i expected to be able to change the name from the integration section, but the device does not appears there.

You can change the name in the entity section of the configuration menu.

this has been a major step backwards nothing works properly, devices don’t show up even if i manually config them please revert to previous setup

Yeah, looks like it is broken, my smart plugs show up but my bulbs don’t :frowning:

The old configuration has changed. This is my current configuration, which works correctly.

tplink:
  discovery: true
  light:
    host: 192.168.1.90

In each case, use on host: the appropriate IP address.

yeah, no doesn’t work…Device tracker picks the LB100 bulb up but it looks like the TPlink Integration is broke, unless i am missing something obvious, which is possible :stuck_out_tongue:

tplink:
  discovery: true
  light:
    host: 192.168.1.20

I’m having the same issue. Got tplink: in my config, none of my three LB110s are detected at all. They simply never appear.

tplink:
  discovery: false
  switch:
    - host: 192.168.1.xx
    - host:  192.168.1.xx
    - host:  192.168.1.xx

working for my switches dont have any lights

this is working with the improper spacing but I have since fixed it. Weird how it worked though. Fixed below
tplink:
switch:

How do I give each of them a name now?

edit: Ah, they get their names from the TP Link Kasa app configuration now. Nice!

1 Like

HS220 Lights setting stops working after upgraded to 0.94.4. HS200 Switches still work perfectly

I was able to make HS220 work again, on version 0.100.1 at least, I’m putting the HS220 in the “dimmer” category instead of “light”.

My YAML looks like that, and now works fine :

tplink:
  dimmer:
    - host: 192.168.0.19

Found this on GitHub discussions (if memory serves). But the current TPLink integration page don’t reflect this as of yet (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/tplink/)