TP-Link offers way to add local API back

I was checking the update on my app then I found one update available I follow the instruction after the update everything became ok on home assistant

Hi @SenorClean - not 100% sure what they were running as I pulled them out just after my post and put in some zigbee ones, fairly sure it was 1.0 (UK). Just tried them again and they’re on 10.0.5 now and seem to be playing nicely with HA

Hi guys - new here - I’m not able to issue commands from Home Assistant -> Node Red to my tp-link kasa light switches. Will this be fixed by the beta firmware being mentioned?

In node red i see the call_service is issuing a turn_on command to the light but it just ignores it. If i create an entity button with the switch for the light it works perfect, but still manual.

Try a new topic under the category #third-party:node-red

Model … HardwareVersion … FirmwareVersion

Model: HS100 … HV: 1.0 … FV: 1.2.6 --> Not discovered by HA.
Model: HS105 … HV: 1.0 … FV: 1.5.6 --> Not Discovered by HA.

Model: HS105 … HV: 3.3 … FV: 1.0.21 --> Discovered by HA.
Model: HS105 … HV: 3.3 … FV: 1.0.21 --> Discovered by HA.
Model: HS103 … HV: 2.1 … FV: 1.1.3 --> Discovered by HA.
Model: HS103 … HV: 2.1 … FV: 1.1.3 --> Discovered by HA.
Model: KL130 … HV: 1.0 … FV: 1.8.11 --> Discovered by HA.

nevermind, the beta firmware wasn’t for me

Unrelated to the firmware, will HA be updated with a smaller scan_interval for the tp-link? I believe right now it polls every 30 seconds which causes delays in the GUI and with automation.

Thanks!

1 Like

Any news on the HS110?
I’m currently on HV:1.0 and FV:1.2.5

I can see in the app there’s a 1.2.6 available, and would assume just like the HS100 that this would make it no longer discoverable in HA.

2 Likes

1.2.6 for the HS110 does show in mine but the behaviour is odd.

All of my other devices in node red behave normally except this one which turns itself back on once its been turned off.
Quite odd.

Have the 1.1.1 update (finally) on all my devices, but noticed that one plug (that’s working fine otherwise) is showing voltage and amps very wrong. According to this plug, voltage is ~970, and amp draw is 291A, all while drawing 0 W.

I reached out to TP-Link support for my HS103’s per this threads suggestion and they responded with this.

“Since the firmware 1.1.0 only affected HS100/HS110(UK) V4, HS103 would not be affected. So it is not included in the firmware downgrade and no need to collect the MAC address. Really sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you very much for your understanding and support”

What should I do next then? It looked like this was fixed.

I was looking at buying some HS103’s - if I put them into a VLAN that can’t hit the web the moment I get them, can I provision them completely “offline” and use them with HA? Or do you actually need to hit their cloud to set them up the first time?

This statement was prophetic. Referring to the Home Assistant Blue. Maybe this will catch on and they’ll have a line of tasmota pre installed devices.

Did you manage to resolve this? I have the same issue with my HS110 on v1.1.1.

You don’t need to hit their cloud. You don’t even need their app if you use the python script.

1 Like

Just finding this thread now. Here I am thinking to myself as I scroll thru, “I haven’t had any problems with HA keeping up with my Kasa plugs. What’s the issue?” Now it occurs to me that I’m running HW 1.0 and FW 1.2.6 so I’ve been running HA via the TP-Link cloud without giving it a second thought.

I guess this is on the to-do list. My ignorance was so blissful. Thanks, all. :wink:

Is there any way to manually update the firmware?

Im still stuck on HV: 4.0 and Fw: 1.0.5 for the HS110

(everything was working untill a couple of days ago)

Tried getting the beta firmware for the HS110 but Tp-link said ti’s no longer available and seemed to have zero interest in restoring the functionality as it was never sold as/advertised as being able to work with home assistant.

Same here. I got a reply this morning from tp-link to say the beta (ver 1.1.1) will no longer be pushed out. If anybody knows of a manual flashing procedure I’d love to hear it.
I’ve got two other UK plugs which thankfully did not upgrade to firmware ver 1.1.0

Here is a tip for anybody that might have a new HS100 (UK) V4 and might be afraid to configure it to their home network.
I had a new one which I unboxed this morning.
Before plugging it in to configure it to my network, I simply removed the WAN cable from my router.
In other words, my WIFI was still on around the house but obviously it had no external internet connectivity. I used the KASA app via my phone and configured the new HS100 (UK) V4 plug as normal. I was able to configure it to my wifi network - safe in the knowledge that TP-LINK’s KASA app wouldn’t be able to fetch the latest firmware.

Thankfully the firmware that shipped with the plug was an earlier version.
I would have been hosed if it had been already flashed with ver 1.1.0 in the factory.

Once it was all done my home assistant recognized the new plug as usual.
Happy days!

Oh, and don’t forget to plug the WAN cable back in afterwards. :slight_smile:

(*) You could also block access to the tplink domains in your router if you know
how to do that - but pulling the cable it a lot easier

(**) My home network is setup such that IOT devices are on their own IOT network (i.e. similar to a guest network but only for my IOT devices)
So, IF you can, config your network to prevent the plugs automatic getting firmware updates in future
(but that’s a topic for a different thread)