TP-Link offers way to add local API back

Probably the users who are affected by this are not numerically a great percentage. Face it, most people think the ability to turn a switch from their phone means their home is “smart”.

Agreed but we are statistically significant enough to produce bad press.

I got on this moment 2x newTP-link hs110 EU smartplug with Hardware version 4.0 Firmware version: 1.0.5 The devices doens’t work within HA.

Only as this:

Within the HA the TP link HS110 is not avariable:

Sorry i want to post a second screenshot but is not allowd becourse i’m new.

This entity does not have a unique ID, therefore the settings cannot be managed from the user interface. See the documentation for more details

That isn’t a problem at all. Try googling that, and if you’re still confused, make a new topic.

I’m not sure why it’s not brought up more often, but why not use Kasa through the SmartThings integration? Seems quite solid, and haven’t had drop outs or unavailability issues like I used to have with the straight Kasa integration?

Personally, I’m looking for a local solution, no cloud. It looks like the SmartThings integration requires the use of their cloud. Or did I miss something?

2 Likes

You haven’t missed anything, it is a C2C integration in SmartThings, and lately some people had issues with the Kasa integration there as well.

From TP-Link email today: “Actually, we never claim that our smart devices can work with Home Assistant and unfortunately, we don’t have such a beta for it. For your situation, it is suggested to search a solution on the Home Assistant website.” Wish I went with another Company.

1 Like

In case you didn’t see earlier, HA uses a old library. The new one has a PR that uses the new local API that they added back in when they removed the old one. Hopefully that PR can be merged, and then another PR can come in to HA’s repo to update requirements.

1 Like

Seems to me like that would only add an additional layer of cloud to your integration, which means one additional point of failure, no?

1 Like

I’ve just had a reply from them today, as initially, they said it would be 10 working days before the beta firmware would be pushed to my devices. That’s been and gone, so I chased them…

Really sorry for the inconvenience. The beta firmware was planned to be released early this month. Recently, it has been delayed for a little for a final adjustment, but it would be released very soon. Please keep a close eye on your Kasa app. Thanks a lot for your understanding and support!

I received firmware 1.1.1 this morning and it works!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Just come available on mine though. Trust TP Link to not even do that properly though. I couldn’t just push the update from the Firmware page, just kept failing. I had to remove and re-add the device, and as part of the setup it says “Do you want to update” and going through that way of upgrading worked.

All devices now updated, and now blocked from accessing the internet. Lesson from this story, don’t allow devices to update themselves!

1 Like

Hi. I have had my hs100 plugs updated to 1.1.1 but they are still not seen by HA Kasa integration. I have two older HS100 that still work. If I restart then the plugs on HW 4.1 fw 1.1.1 turn on/off briefly but there is no entity found. What did I miss? I have Hassio running on Rpi fully updated to latest versions and out of the box tp-link integration.

Only 2 of mine got updated this morning… :confused:

I received firmware 1.1.1 and it works

1 Like

hi I had to install latest HA that came out just after last mail . Dont think the update did it but the forced reinstall and restart has fixed things so all good here with 1.1.1

Does anyone know if this also affects the KP105 plugs, all off mine dropped off Home Assistant (reinstall integration etc, no succes) but can still be controlled via their app. The thread takes about the HS ones, wondered if it had extended its reach. Thanks

Which firmware is it running?
I bought a KP115 today (model with energy monitoring - Australian variant, firmware 1.0.10) and it’s working well - including energy monitoring.

My two HS110 plugs are still OK as well.

can you share it here? i cant find it