TP-Link Tapo P100

Hi You need to restart Hassio then add the Yaml config

Is there anyway to make it more secure than just having the account password right in the script?

I understand if not, just wondering.

A little more secure is to create secrets.yaml, and reference everything from there. At least then you know where all the sensitive information is. Not more secure per se, I think, but stops it being accidentally shared.

1 Like

How do I add more than one P100 plug?
I got one plug working.
However, if I list multiple IP addresses in the config file, they donā€™t register.

This works for me.

switch:
  - platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.86.246
    email: [email protected]
    password: password
  - platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.86.29
    password: password

Thanks. Works perfectly. I didnā€™t have the ā€œ-ā€ in front of ā€˜platformā€™.

Hi, ive setup your integration. The steps ive done are:
registered to tapo platform and associated my smart plug
Downloaded the integration from git and put the tapo_p100_control folder in custom component and rebooted the server
Addedd config in my switch.yaml file:

• platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.1.92 <- i am 100% sure that ip is correct
    password: mypassword
    When i go in server controls and verify the config it wait forever, and i i try to reboot the server nothing happen.
    If i comment out code relative to tapo:
  • platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.1.92
    password: mypassword
    the server config verification and restart starts working again

I have done something wrong?

Iā€™m not an expert but here are some things to consider.

• A few people have had a problem with ā€˜invalid credentialsā€™ in the log file. Thereā€™s a workaround for it which you can scroll up and find.
  • You have bullets, not dashes in your yaml file.
  • My switches are set up in configuration.yaml file, not switch.yaml.

Hi bullets is formatting system of this forum system in my config file there is the correct minus symbol. Anyway now the server seems to respond correctly but i obtain credential errors now i am tryng to create less complex password.

Keep getting 1501 error, have changed password a couple of times now.

I really wish TP Link didnā€™t bother making them need auth, unnecessary IMO. (The Kasa ones dont and its not an issue, maybe this is their way of making you buy the more expensive Kasa ones :rofl:)

I am having the credentials issue. I did restart HA a few times in the past with the config for the switch commented out, but no luck. Is that the workaround you refer to? Is there another solution?

Many people have found removing the plug from the app, creating a new account in the Tapo app, resetting, then re-adding the plugs to work.

A recent theory is that 8-character passwords seem to work, but this hadnā€™t been tested.

The encryption does use b64 so with 8 chars then it wonā€™t need to pad which might have been a problem :slight_smile:

So I found another API that works but you need to make sure your plug is on firmware version 1.3.4, one of mine was and worked fine, the other was not so I had to update it and then remove and set it up again for it work.

Not saying yours cant work @fishbigger, just I couldnā€™t get it to.

Hi,

I also had a problem with Exception: Error Code: -1501, Invalid Request or Credentials

I got Tapo L510E bulb.
Firstly I got old firmware when I was configuring bulb on Tapo, after that I upgraded to newest one - 1.1.7 Build 20201029 Rel. 40821

After that I changed password to 8-chars (was 12 chars previously) and verified again - nothing changes.
So I removed bulb from Tapo app and re-added it.
After this change the bulb started to work from HA.

1 Like

Same here.

All of my attempts to reply to @fishbigger on a mobile device have become random replies to other peopleā€¦ but TL;DR: Interesting. That may explain it!

I use 9 characters alphanumeric, and worked without any issue from the first try.

Mine is all based on that :slight_smile: Not sure why that one works and this doesnā€™tā€¦

Any capitals?

Mine is 9 characters alphanumeric with a capital and it still wont work.