TP-Link Tapo P100

That one doesn’t seem to connect to tplinkcloud.com, which is weird.

Searching http or https on github makes it seem that it just connects to the plug itself.

Indeed with capitals as well.

That is not part of the main code :slight_smile: It is just there in case you need a full device list

My password is 14 digits long with a one caps and a number. Never been a problem.
I have some older P100 (hardware version 1.0) and some brand new ones (HW v1.2). All on latest firmware and they all work using this integration.

1 Like

I think the buggers have updated something.

I’m seeing a firmware update to 1.3.4. Given what’s happened with the Kasa debacle, that’s a worry.

Hope it won’t update automatically… Must get them blocked from the internet.

HomeAssistant-Tapo-P100-Control work for me, but it’s look like “switch.unnamed_device” and i can’t give name and friendly name to my plug :frowning:

Updated one of my plugs to 1.3.4 and can confirm it still works.
It initially showed up as unavailable (which made my sad) but that was due to it jumping IP address.

Going to update another now.

1 Like

You can give it name in customizations.yaml https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/customizing-devices/

This is mine:

switch.lamp:
  friendly_name: Lamp
  icon: hass:lightbulb
switch.stars:
  friendly_name: Christmas Stars
  icon: hass:flash

where lamp and stars are the names given in the Tapo app itself.

oh… I must to name the device in the tapo app!
Thx!

Ok - glad to hear nothing’s broken from the TPLink side. Must be something wrong with my config then as all of the Tapo plugs just stopped working with HASS the other day :thinking:

Do you have a static IP assigned to them from your router? They could have renewed their leases and got a new ones which wouldn’t be the same as the one in your configuration.yaml. Though if they all stopped at the same time it might be something else.

I’ve set the IoT VLAN to provide 10 year DHCP leases thankfully. All sorted now anyway - seems it just needed a reboot :upside_down_face:

OMG it works on Tapo P105!

The problem was on the password, I just gave it an 8 character password 7 letters and 1 number:

ex
tplinkz1

has anyone tried with tapo smart bulb ? or is there any alternative respo for those bulb ?

1 Like

We are on the same path. i have 2 L150E’s not sure how to integrate them yet. Tried to put their IPs directly using this pyp100 but it returns a credential error. I think the encryption are different. But its too early to give a final conclusion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The encryption is the same :slight_smile: I am going to implement the bulbs in the next few days. (Probably a different component though)

1 Like

This is great news! Thanks @fishbigger.

I am interested on creating components as well. How did you come up with the encryption for Tapo? If you don’t mind me asking.

The whole reverse engineering of the api was done by @K4CZP3R but I think it was done by unpacking the android app and trying everything postman

1 Like

I see, thanks for all of your hardwork!

Just tested this component on Tapo L510E Bulb, and it works as a light entity as well.

switch:
  - platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.1.20
    email: [email protected]
    password: tplinkz1
light:
  - platform: switch
    name: Dirty Kitchen Bulb
    entity_id: switch.dkbulb

Note that dkbulb is the actual name of the bulb from the Tapo app.

Conclusion:
This component supports Tapo P105 and Tapo L510E