Tracker show as driving when connected to car bluetooth

Hi,

I want the device tracker entity provided by the mobile app to show as driving when my phone is connected to my cars Bluetooth. I have a sensor showing when I am connected to car BT. How do I get the presence / device tracker to say “DRIVING” biased on that entity/ sensor? TY, I appreciate your help and time.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 162714

You could create a template sensor to be ‘driving’ whenever you are connected to the car BT and not in a zone, and use that for automations etc. instead of the actual device tracker.

1 Like

try checking out the detected activity sensor it has a in_vehicle state you can use, might be what you are looking for. Uses a different API though so you may still opt for a template sensor per the above suggestion.

More generically, a device tracker tells you where you are, not what you are doing.
“away” just means “somewhere not defined by a zone”.

That was another nice feature of the Life360 integration that I’m going to miss.

Ty, I have that already.

ty, I saw another post about that and there are some issues with delay. I believe the in vehicle detection is provided by google and takes a while to update

ty, I understand that. I has just hoping, maybe there was a work around to get it to do what I want. Looks like the answer is no.