Tradfri broken after firmware update

Hi,

My Ikea Tradfri gateway and bulbs have been working fine with HA for months now, with all the relevant config having been done by discovery rather than manually entering anything into configuration.yaml. Unfortunately the devices have just stopped being picked up by HA after a firmware update to the gateway. In the docs there is a note saying that this can happen and to delete the .tradfri_psk.conf file from .homeassistant folder - unfortunately I can’t find this folder nor the file! I’m running HA from a Docker on UnRAID but there’s no Tradfri psk file in /appdata/homeassistant or anywhere else that I can find.

Does anyone know either where these files are located, or how to reset HA’s Tradfri config so I can set it up again?

Many thanks,
Tim

The docs are outdated, i think.
I also have no .tradfri_psk.conf file in my config dir.
Maybe remove it from Config Integrations?
What firmware version does the Gateway have now?

Gateway is now on 1.8.26 (not sure what it was on before). 4 bulbs are on 1.2.214, and the wireless dimmer switch is on 1.2.248.

I haven’t added Tradfri to the configuration files, it was done by the Discover component - any idea where the entries would be? No mention of “tradfri” or even “integration” in my configuration.yaml. :frowning:

The Integrations page you will find under Settings in the UI. Just delete the Tradfri integration using the trash can icon. Then reboot and off you go.

I already made a pull request to change the docs, apparently it has not been accepted (yet?).

Aha! Thank you - that worked. Strange, I tried this the other day and the trashcan button wouldn’t do anything!

Many thanks,
Tim