Tradfri control outlet not yet supported?

bought a Tradfri control outlet and remote switch and installed these just fine in the Ikea Tradfri app.

they appear as sensors but no on/off for the outlet and state unknown (no matter if I switch it on or off), or switch option for the remote switch. Is this not yet supported?

----edit—

—end edit----

hope it will be soon

its done. cool, thank you team HA!

02 53

@samuelandersson @Danielhiversen https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/17191

Do you get any other information back from these other than on/off state? For example some sockets can show current kWh or total etc was hoping to use these due to price but wanted the monitor capabilities also.
Thanks

No these don’t support energy metering. Suppose there’s a reason these are cheaper than the metering ones :wink:

1 Like

Do you need to have the gateway for these to work?
I was looking at other more expensive and not safety certified options and these are the better option.
Just want to know how you connected them to HA.

Thanks

don’t think they need the hub to work standalone, but you need the hub to use the Ikea app, or integrate them into HA. Thats what I use.

Thanks for the information, I definitely want them integrated into HA

Oh one other question, do the outlets have a power button? Sort of an override HA or App settings?

Hi guys, I was thinking to buy Ikea Tradfri wireless control outlet, but I couldn’t get whether that is supported or only the hub is supported in home assistant.
To be more specific, this is the one I’m referring to: https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/lighting/smart-lighting/trådfri-wireless-control-outlet-art-00364477/

I don’t have any hub and such, it’d be only the wireless plug alone. Would that work with HA?

Read my post 2 post earlier…:wink:

Noob questions here:

Is the IKEA “on-off switch” available only when you purchase it packaged with the “control outlet kit”? I’m not seeing anything in the IKEA store that’s any semblance to an on-off control other than what’s in this package??

Here’s the online package: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70364803/

The IKEA app allows one to add a “wireless on-off” and this appears to be the only thing I can find that’s purchasable from their web site.

I’m hoping to use this “on-off” remote to trigger other automation scenarios. I’ve got the wireless remote control dimmer as my initial “steering device”, however, there’s nothing consumable in hassio that I can see from this remote device (other than battery level?).

Thanks in advance to anyone for assistance/clarification

Thats it yes. Only as a package, at least here in Nl.
You’ll have 2 entities: a switch (the outlet) and a sensor (the remote switch…) was a bit confusing to start with .
See below for 2 sets in my setup

You can see the states of the remote (battery) and switch (on/off), so yes, you can use these in automations. It’s what I do myself.

Btw, there are 2 versions available. With and without remote (switch) so watch closely when ordering

Thanks @Mariusthvdb! I will order this combo pack from their online store. I appreciate your reply,

Just a fun point: Your word “Trädfri” means “Free from trees” in Swedish, IKEAs wireless products are spelled Trådfri :wink: