Tradfri states are not updated

Dear,
I am having problems with my tradfri HA integration. Sometimes it is working ok but most of the time lights states are not updated in HA. Lights states är ok in IKEA app. This makes it troublesome to use my tradfri lights in automations and I have to either reload core or restart HA to sync states from tradfri gw. Is this a known issue? Are there workarounds? I have had this problem with both HA version 57.x and 58.1 running on Ubuntu server 16.04.

Best regards,
B

1 Like

I just bought a set of Tradfri bulbs, remotes and a gateway. Unfortunately, I have the same issue: whenever I turn on the lights using a remote, HA won’t notice it, and I have to go to HA, and manually turn them on. My HA is 0.58.1 and the gateway has f/w version 1.2.42.
Any idaeas?

I have also noticed this behavior with states not updating correctly 100% of the time. It feels clunky in HASS.IO even though it works well enough to be reliable (as long as I don’t try to flip on/off the lights quickly in succession).

If the switch isn’t reporting correctly, I just wait a second and flip it again until I get the desired outcome. Scripts work just fine, it’s a just a problem with switches not reporting correct states for me.

Some updates later tradfri is working fine for me.

This is still an issue for me running 0.70.1 in an docker container.
How can I fix this? Don’t really want to switch back to my hue bridge, as it is somewhay clunky with my tradfri bulbs

I also have this problem. I believe it began about 2 months ago, but I can’t really pinpoint if it was because of a Trådfri update or HA update. Now I’m running HA 0.71 with hass.io and the issue is still there.

The Trådfri Gateway is at version 1.3.14.

Once the problem starts, I have to restart HA to recover. Rebooting the Trådfri gateway doesn’t help.

When the problem is active and I switch on a light from HA, the light will turn on just fine but after a second or two the HA light switch jumps back to ‘off’, while the light itself remains on.

No errors in the log.

can confirm this behaviour, for me it started relatively recently (or at least it occured frequently enough to notice it). All lights are on an recognized as such by the tradfri android app, but in HA one of them has the OFF state. Clicking on it in HA doesn’t change the physical light (it stays on) but does show it as being ON in HA for a few seconds, then the switch returns to the OFF state.

Running Hass.io 0.72.1

How does one debug a HA component like TRÅDFRI? I know Python and could take a look but would need some guidelines to get started.

I just got this issue to. My installation has worked flawless for months. But tonight nothing worked. I could turn on lights but the switch went back to off right away (but the light still on) and I could not turn it off.
After a reboot of hass.io it worked again. Running latest hass.io and latest trådfri fw’s.

Seem that something was broken since version 0.69.1.

Tried to reach to to the devs on discord - no answer.
Is anyone able to fix it?

Same issue for me.

Because of that I’m forced to migrate to OpenHab. :frowning:

For me, the issue was with the switch it seems. The group imported via the switch only worked one way, changing done in HA was reflected in the IKEA app, but not the other way around. Doing one bulb at a time worked both ways, and creating a light bulb group in HA works as well.

Thanks for your answer @torbjornsk!
Can share the details how exactly did you solve this?
What you mean by doing one bulb at the time?