Trail / outdoor video with Home Assistant recommendations?

Hello!

I have a garden in the UK with some largish wildlife in it (deer, foxes, hedgehogs, etc). I’m looking for suggestions for device that I can use to detect them, ideally so I can eventually add identification, notification, monitoring, etc though Home Assistant. My current requirements are:

No cables - WiFi (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) with storage and battery, ideally optional USB-C solar panel
Outdoor
Night vision - infrared, no mandatory floodlighting
No required subscriptions / apps

Motion detection is probably necessary to have a wire-free device.

I’ve got a couple of devices already, but neither works with Home Assistant. One is Campark TC02 which is a trail camera. Image quality is great, but can only be access via bluetooth from the proprietary app at short range. The other is a Reolink Argus Eco which is more of a security camera. It’s cheaper and connects via WiFi, but again only via the proprietary app and not with Home Assistant.

I could keep buying trying stuff, but that would be slow and wasteful. No manufacturers seem to give clear specifications either. So I thought I’d ask what makes & models to use (or avoid!) ?

1 Like

I am looking with same requirements. Seems to be quite hard to find hardware supporting wifi client mode without proprietary apps.

Any progress already with your research?