Transition not being respected - Jasco 28166 Dimmer Plug

I am running Home Assistant Supervised on an RPi4. I have my Jasco Dimmer Plugs connected through ZWaveJS. The plugs work great and dim my lights appropriately (they do seem to hit max brightness at around ~70%, but that’s not a major issue).

The only problem I’m running into is regarding the transition. From what I can see the plugs should support transition (they show supported_features: 33 in developer tools, which from my understanding means they support brightness + transition). But it simply ignores it and immediately moves to the new brightness. Here is my automation:

alias: Turn on living room lights at sunset
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: sun
    event: sunset
    offset: '-00:40:00'
condition: []
action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    data:
      transition: 60
      brightness_pct: 50
    target:
      entity_id:
        - light.plug_in_smart_dimmer_single_plug
        - light.plug_in_smart_dimmer_single_plug_2
mode: single

When I run it the lights just immediately go to 50%. I’m testing it with 60s right now but my “end goal” is to have them ramp up over ~30 minutes.

Has anyone successfully used transition with a Z-Wave Jasco dimmer plug? Or is there another way to accomplish what I’m looking to do?

I see the same behavior with Fibaro Dimmer2 devices. They used to work on the old ZWave integration, so I think it has something to do with ZWaveJS

Transition isn’t supported yet in zwavejs

Thanks! Is it possible it would work if I converted everything to zwavejs2mqtt? I tried it briefly but didn’t move forward with it because my thermostats did not report the temperature correctly with it, but I’d be willing to give it a shot if it might fix this.

Not sure if it is still relevant for you, but I had the same problem. I found an issue tracking it here:

This is for node-zwave-js, but I believe it covers both?