Trigger based on web-ui

I’m trying to set-up an automation based on the current view selected in the webui, but I cannot seem to find anything to point me in the right direction. Perhaps I am using incorrect terminology, if so please correct me.

Anyway, is it at all possible to create an automation using the current webui “view” selected as a trigger?

1 Like

Are you referring to the clicking a view on the frontend to trigger an action? maybe look at input_select or input_slider components.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve looked at the components and I’m afraid I haven’t been very clear on what I am trying to do.

The idea is to create an automation triggered simply by directing a web browser to a certain view, for instance http://localhas/states/group (and perhaps another trigger when a user closed this browser window, or moves away from it).

The idea is to have this automation execute without the need to click anything. In practical terms I have a camera view, for which I’d like automatic lighting when active, but only when active.

Does anyone have an idea, perhaps a workalike of some sort?