Trouble getting ZHA to work. Where is the add device button? Also an error in error log

I have just flashed a CC2531 and was going to try using ZHA or Zigbee2Mqtt but am having issues.

I add the ZHA integration, use the USB path /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0018E2EBB4-if00 which seems to work (i.e. I can add the device), but then I can’t seem to see how to add a sensor device? The help says " Click on ADD DEVICES to start a scan for new devices." but there is no obvious “Add Devices” button?

Reviewing my log I also get an error, which may be related?

missing tsn from activeEpRsp, maybe not a reply

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.38.55 PM

Can anybody offer me some help or things to check? I am running the latest 108.4 of Home Assistant.

1 Like

Take a look on this. @frenck was trying to use ZHA:

Thanks @pniewiadowski - I haven’t watched all three hours but may if needed!

An update. Turns out:

Configuration > Integrations is only for setting the intial ZHA up…once that has been done there is a new option under Configuration > ZHA which allows you to add devices. This was not very intuitive and I could not find anywhere in documentation, or I was being dense.

Anyway, I managed to add a device and I have not resolved the error in the log yet.

2 Likes

You weren’t being dense, it’s poorly worded. I couldn’t find it either until I saw your post :+1:

1 Like