Trouble making a simplistic add-on work with the tuto

Hello everyone !

I want to create my own add-on for home assistant. To do this, I followed this tutorial. But I encountered an unexpected error while installing my first basic add-on.

Here are the steps I followed.

• Creation of the hello_world folder.
  • Creation of the Dockerfile, config.yaml and run.sh files (I copied and pasted their content from the tutorial).
  • Move hello_world/ in the /addon folder of my Raspberry Pi with an Home assistant OS (using scp command).

Finaly I have something like this :

Then the Step 2 section of the tutorial tells to go to the add-on store to find my add-on in the Local add-on section. I clicked on it, and clicked on the INSTALL button. This is where the error occurred : Failed to install add-on. Unknown error, see supervisor.

I went into the log section (Settings > System > Logs) to have more details :

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/websocket_api.py:125
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:58:24 AM (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:37:46 PM

Failed to to call /addons/local_hello_world/install - Unknown error, see supervisor

I could’nt find any information about such an error on the net and the tutorial dont have more information. I don’t understand why the supervisor is looking for an install program in a non-existent folder (/addons/local_hello_world/) :frowning:
Have some of you already seen this before ? Where should I look to resolve this error ?

NOTE : I checked that my editor is using UNIX-like line breaks (LF), not DOS/Windows (CRLF).

There is the version of my installation (Raspberry Pi 4 B 8Gb RAM, with 32GB SD card)

Home Assistant 2023.5.3
Supervisor 2023.04.1
Operating System 10.1
Frontend 20230503.3 - latest

UPDATE : It seems that copying files with scp does not work. I created the necessary files and folders using the Studio Code server add-on. It works now (it also works using nano in a terminal)

Does anyone have an explanation to give me? I’m a little lost here

My mistake! It’s a magnificent typographical error. Dockerfile is spelt with an c before the k