Trouble migrating from RPi4 (HAOS) to Docker

I’m trying to migrate my HAOS installation from my RPi4 to a more powerful server and wanted to containerize it. From what I have read online and seen in some YouTube videos, it seems that cloning the /config directory should be enough to transfer everything over, but I am not able to get it to work. So far I am seeing:

• All Automations, Scenes, and Scripts are transferred successfully
  • Logs are transferred correctly
  • Missing all integrations, entities, users, and dashboards
  • Third party integrations appear to be working and some provide sensor data, but the integrations themselves are not installed

I have tried:

• Matching HAOS version to Docker version
  • Removed all “Add-On” references from configuration.yml (Only reference was to InfluxDB)
  • Went as far as making all files and folders (except for www) read/write/exec for all (trying anything and everything here, server is not exposed yet)

I am using docker-compose and pulling the image from “ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable” per the official instructions. My issue looks very similar to this post I found on Reddit. Additionally it seems that there is no method of restoring backups in the Docker container, only creating them, so I cannot restore my full backup from the RPi4.

Would anybody have any idea what could potentially be causing the issue, or if there are any known fixes? I was only really able to find the above Reddit post, nothing similar elsewhere (including these forums).

Hello,

When you copied the config directory did it also copy the .storage directory within?

1 Like

As a matter of fact it did not! Used SCP to copy it over and lo-and-behold, everything is there! Thanks!!

2 Likes