Trouble with HomeKit and binary sensors

Perhaps this is a well-known issue but I couldn’t find the topic discussed.
I have successfully added a bridge and added it to HomeKit. My lights work. But the entities that are binary sensors don’t seem to work in HomeKit (specifically motion detectors and leak detectors). These work in HA but never seem to show as triggered on HomeKit. I’m at a loss as to what to do. Suggestions?

Interesting… I’ve not seen that behavior with my sensors. Can you try removing from the bridge and reading them?

Sorry, I don’t understand what you’re suggesting.

Remove the binary sensors from the HomeKit bridge integration and then add them back again. You can do that using either include or exclude filters.

Ah, ok. I see what you mean now. I will try that and provide an update.

I tried this but it didn’t help. Here’s specifically what I did:
-Created the bridge with everything in it that I wanted, including these two binary sensors
-Did an exclude to remove the sensors
-Did an include to add them back

If I remember correctly, I removed the home from HomeKit after the initial bridge config. Then after the exclusion and inclusion, I used the latest QR code to add everything back into HomeKit.

I did do a bunch of screwing around prior to this and, somehow, I got one of the two sensors to work, but I have no idea how I did it and I can’t do it again :).