Trouble with new ZigBee zha component and Osram Lightify RGBW bulb

I’m having this problem too. My Osram Lightify RGBW bulb used to have only brightness and color, then one day I noticed it had gained a color temperature control (presumably after an update). Now I can only control brightness and color temperature, but have lost the color control.

I am not able to get my Osram lights to show consistently. I have removed them from the Zigbee DB re-pairing them and also resetting them and putting aha in permit mode. The lights cycle through RGB and then flash to signal joining but I continue to get the ember status error for each bulb. Is the census so far that this is a bellows version issue? All of my other bulbs (CREE) are having no issue.

2017-10-02 23:32:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Error while setting up platform zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 164, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=self.hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 406, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 294, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 242, in _step
    result = coro.throw(exc)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/zha.py", line 31, in async_setup_platform
    = yield from endpoint.light_color['color_capabilities']
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/zcl/__init__.py", line 192, in read_attributes
    result = yield from self.read_attributes_raw(to_read)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/zcl/__init__.py", line 159, in read_attributes_raw
    v = yield from self.request(True, 0x00, schema, attributes)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 261, in request
    v = yield from send_fut
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 381, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 310, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 294, in result
    raise self._exception
bellows.zigbee.exceptions.DeliveryError: Message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED

FYI, I broke down and ordered the lightify hub from amazon (26 bucks and local polling). It is worth having until all of the bugs get worked out of these zigbee bulbs in home assistant.

I am in the same boat, however will be using the Hue Hub as I would like to use the Hue dimmers as well.

Did anyone ever resolve the issue of Lightify RGBW bulbs just showing up as white tunable bulbs?

With the most recent update my Lightify RGBW bulbs have regained their color selector. If that wasn’t awesome enough, the color selector has been changed and is way more usable to me now.

1 Like

Yes! 0.61.1 does it!