Trouble with new ZigBee zha component and Osram Lightify RGBW bulb

I’m using the HUSBZB-1 adapter, and starting with a freshly-reset Osram Lightify RGBW A19 bulb (US).

I can add the bulb through the zha “Permit” service in HA, and the zigbee.db file gets updated and the light blinks indicating successful inclusion, but bulb never shows up in the UI, can’t be controlled, and the HA log shows this:

2017-05-07 11:49:57 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0x6183
2017-05-07 11:50:15 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0x6183
2017-05-07 11:50:40 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0x6183
2017-05-07 11:50:58 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0x6183
2017-05-07 11:51:49 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.zdo] [0xd63d:zdo] Unsupported ZDO request 0x0036
2017-05-07 11:51:55 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-05-07 11:51:55 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.zcl] Data remains after deserializing ZCL frame
2017-05-07 11:51:55 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.device] [0xd63d] Message on unknown endpoint 1
2017-05-07 11:51:55 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-05-07 11:52:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last): File "uvloop/future.pyx", line 372, in uvloop.loop.BaseTask._fast_step (uvloop/loop.c:112669) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/device.py", line 38, in initialize epr = yield from self.zdo.request(0x0005, self._nwk) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 259, in request v = yield from asyncio.wait_for(reply_fut, timeout) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 404, in wait_for raise futures.TimeoutError() concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

Any ideas?

1 Like

Have 2 of the same bulbs… Just encountered the same thing.

Looks like someone got it working here:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/6263#issuecomment-291238971

So not sure what the deal is.

Huh, interesting. I wonder if something changed between that April version and now.

Honestly the Lightify gateway works so well – and instantaenously – with HASS that I’m not in a huge hurry to switch over (and it supports my GE Link bulbs too, which I have like ten of, and the zha component apparently doesn’t).

But I’d really like for the zha component to at least cover buttons and remotes (like the Iris buttons and the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote). When that happens I’ll be thrilled.

And then I’ll move my bulbs over when I can.

I’ve run into this with the Osram bulbs. I found that sometimes they do respond, other times they don’t. I recommend trying a few times to include it.

The code should retry … it’s on my mental TODO list. PR to fix would be more than welcome :slight_smile:

@wixoff - I am working on remotes and buttons. There’s no real standard for how they should work, so it’s going to be pretty messy, unfortunately. I’ve got a Hue dimmer remote working, but not the Lutron yet.

Thanks Russell - I’ll give it another few tries (I have tried twice or three times already) – and maybe this would be a good chance to finally learn Python after having given it a few half-hearted chances in the past.

I’ve tried about 10 times now with 2 bulbs. 0% success rate. Hoping to get this working so I can kill my ST hub once and for all… these are the last devices I have left.

I just installed HA 0.47 and copied in the most recent bellows files from github – and the one Osram RGBW bulb I tried is working now. I can include it, turn it on and off, and change brightness and color. Nice!

I’ll add this to the zha compatibility megathread, but it’s worth noting here too.

Where did you copy the latest bellows files to? Are they kept in your config directory?

I just downloaded a zip file of the repository at rcloran/bellows on github, then copied the downloaded files over the existing files in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/ (and subdirectories), then deleted the files in bellows/_pycache_. Those are the locations in my installation - I recommending checking ‘pip show bellows’ to see if yours match.

I’m using HA in a docker container, so if something goes wrong I can just nuke it and make a new container in ten seconds, but there was no need - it fired up right away.

I also just put together a short bash script to semi-automate this, so when I upgrade (or nuke) HA I can just type one command to move the appropriate bellows files into place.

Awesome. I’m using docker as well, so pretty much the same deal. I’ll give this a shot. Wonder if HA can just update the bellows version it ships with. I don’t see a ticket for it.

Tried this last night with no success. Not sure what I might have done wrong. Also running 0.47.

Wonder if @rcloran has a bellows update planned soon. These two bulbs are what’s keeping me from unplugging the SmartThings hub.

Ah, bummer. What’s not working, inclusion? Maybe you didn’t do anything wrong but it’s still flaky and I happened to get lucky.

Here’s what I did, starting with a fresh HA 0.47 container (presented in detail for your benefit and anyone else who stumbles into this thread):

• download the current repository zip file from rcloran/bellows and unpack it somewhere convenient. I have the zip unpacked into my HA data volume, for convenience, at /data/hd/home-assistant/bellows-master, and my container is named home-assistant - modify these as needed for your locations. The first command below copies all the bellows files in one operation (and elevated privileges, e.g. sudo, may be necessary depending on how your system is set up).

• from the host command line:

docker cp /data/hd/home-assistant/bellows-master/bellows home-assistant:/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/

exec -ti home-assistant bash
  • Following the ‘exec’ command you’re now at a bash prompt inside the container. Here, do:
rm /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/__pycache__/*
rmdir /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/__pycache__
  • In your data volume delete the zigbee.db file (this will undo any inclusions on devices that are working), then restart your home-assistant container, reset your bulbs, and try inclusion again.

• restart home-assistant again to see the lights show up. Mine appears as light.osram_lightify_a19_rgbw_xxxxxxxx_3 (the xxxxxxxx is an 8-digit hex number, and I don’t know why there’s a “3” on the end. It appears to be the endpoint_id.

1 Like

That looks like what I did. But I’ll give it another shot when I get in front my computer.

Gave this another try tonight following exactly the above. Still doesn’t work, however the error message is a bit longer now…

2017-06-24 23:02:07 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:02:10 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0x58a4
    2017-06-24 23:02:12 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:02:19 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:02:27 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:02:34 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:02:41 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:02:49 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:02:58 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:03:05 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:03:12 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:03:23 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:03:30 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:03:39 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:03:49 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:03:57 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:04:06 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:04:16 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:04:23 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a
    2017-06-24 23:04:33 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0xe93a

zha is working VERY nicely now, in 0.49, with no need to add the files from bellows-master, and no more errors or “unknown cluster” warnings in the log.

Moreover, my Osram Lightify RGBW bulb now has a color temperature setting, whereas before it only had brightness and RGB color. EXCELLENT job @rcloran!

I think I might ready to migrate the rest of my bulbs off the Lightify bridge.

1 Like

Has anyone tested using the ZHA component with the Lightify Gardenspots? I’m thinking of purchasing them and I’m wondering if I should get the Lightify bridge or get a Zigbee hat/stick for the Pi?

Moreover, my Osram Lightify RGBW bulb now has a color temperature setting, whereas before it only had brightness and RGB color.

Well, that was nice while it lasted. I had to nuke my zigbee.db file, reset my bulbs, and re-add everything. My GE Link bulbs are still working fine, but the Osram RGBW bulbs are no longer full-color – they only dim and change color temperature. Is there something in the .db I can manually tweak to override that?

I’m using 0.54.0 with the almost-latest bellows from github (from a couple of days ago).

1 Like

Hi,

Am am hoping that somebody can point me in the right direction to get HA to work with my Lightify RGBW globes. They are the ZLL version.

It appears bellows is able to see them and has registered them in zigbee.db, however they do not show up in home assistant.

Bellows output below:
Device:
NWK: 0x430b
IEEE: 84:18:26:00:00:cb:79:47
Endpoints:
3: profile=0xc05e, device_type=DeviceType.EXTENDED_COLOR_LIGHT
Input Clusters:
Basic (0)
Identify (3)
Groups (4)
Scenes (5)
On/Off (6)