Troubles with integrating wink hub

Hello all,

I am a brand new HA user and new to linux in general. I’m currently using a wink hub gen 1 with 2 wink relays to control 39 zigbee lights, 6 zwave motion sensors, 2 zwave sirens, 2 zwave garage door openers, 1 zwave lock, and 1 zwave thermostat. I would like to migrate away from wink and started by downloading and installing HAAS.IO on a raspberry pi 3 B+. I am using a Nortek HUSBZB-1 usb stick and set up 2 zigbee bulbs and 1 zwave motion sensor to try out some simple automations which work great on the pi.

Later, I tried to integrate my wink hub to the pi, thinking i could slowly migrate my devices onto the pi while still keeping everything operational. This is where my problems began. I believe I was successful in connecting to my wink hub as I can see all my devices in HA, but the webpage keeps giving me “connection lost. reconnecting…” I can control my lights somewhat from HA thru the wink hub (sometimes the commands to turn on/off the wink connected lights go thru and sometimes not), but I keep getting these connection issues with the HA webpage, forcing me to reload it (which can take up to a minute). Prior to the wink integration, HASS.IO was working fine with the 2 bulbs and 1 motion sensor. I’m hoping someone can guide me to address this issue.

Should I just ditch the wink integration altogether?

If you have an alternative to Wink I recommend you use that.
I’ve had a lot of issues lately with the Wink integration - lots of occasions with slow or even no updates at all; nothing to do with the HA component itself, it’s purely on Wink’s end.

I’d ditch it in a heartbeat if I could.

Well I used the update from post #196 from this thread:

Which appeared to solve the issues I was having.

1 Like