Troubleshooting the ESP32-S3-BOX-3

I tried the suggestions here to no avail. In the end, I got it working by creating the device within HA/ESPHome. Once the device was compiled and ultimately failed, I was able to edit the small file created by copying the yaml from GitHub and pasting over the existing file. The wifi SSID and Password were entered into the file and saved and installed. The rest of the adoption etc. was accomplished with the HA ESPHone integration.

I also gave up on getting the wifi setting to work. None of the suggested steps work. I tried in Chrome and Edge on Windows and I tried Chrome on Linux. I cannot get it to continue to wifi settings. I had to load the yaml from github and hardcode the wifi credentials. That online thing is broken

What does that mean? What’s the rest?

I had the same problem, once the installation is made for Voice Assistant you make a return you disconnect the USB cable made 2 times reset of the box3 then usb connection is you will see the wifi its will turn into a loop of loop Research Network supports on BOOT DE LA BOX3 Then you will even the network, on ESP Home adopts your box :slight_smile:

After 30 times of trying different options to resolve this issue, I re-installed the original firmware from here: ESP Launchpad and then installed the EspHome firmware from here: Ready-Made Projects — ESPHome and the network selection works on the first try. The problem now is there is not sound nor mic (HA 2024.5.5).

Update (06/02/2024): I tried with the version ESPHome 2024.4.2 (more info Lock voice assistant versions to 2024.4.2 by jesserockz · Pull Request #197 · esphome/firmware · GitHub) here ESP32-S3-BOX voice assistant - Home Assistant, but the behavior was the same. No mic response (local and HA).

1 Like

I went about it all differently. After installing the firmware it said it had no wifi. I ignored that screen, because it appeared in esphome (while still connected to usb). I adopted the device there. It made a yaml file for it, in which the wifi secrets were set. I flashed that again and then it worked.

I did that, but it’s not working. With the original ESP firmware the Hi E.S.P. command works fine. The problem is described here: ESP32-S3-Box It looks like the microphone is not working at all. · Issue #69 · esphome/firmware · GitHub.

I got wifi to work by setting up secrets.yaml and in config refer to the folowing. Also what I could find out is that on_connect Bluetooth needs to be disabled. Don’t no why, but at least it works since I added the ble_disable and ble_enable settings to the wifi part! Her the wifi part I use:

wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_password
#### I use this for local dns name service.
  domain: .local

ap:
    ssid: "Touch-Voice-1 AP"
    password: "BLA-BLA-BLUBB"

on_connect:
    - script.execute: draw_display
    **- delay: 5s**
**    - ble.disable:**
  on_disconnect:
    - script.execute: draw_display
    **- ble.enable:**

Good luck!

Once the firmware is successfully uploaded to the device, an adoption button will occur in the ESPHome integration. Follow the bouncing ball after pressing the ‘Adopt’ button.

hi everyone if you want your box to be more productive go see this custom with a screen saver that you can personalize visit this site GitHub - BigBobbas/ESP32-S3-Box3-Custom-ESPHome: Custom ESPHome config for ESP32-S3-Box-3 with sensors and touchscreen I’ll tell you strongly recommend