Troubleshooting upgrade from 0.65.0 (Docker/Ubuntu) - error checking config

I have HA 0.65.0 running in a Docker container in a Lubuntu 18.04 VM. I’m testing the water with upgrading to the latest HA build, and have placed my current HA config files in the new config folder. Unsurprisingly, HA has failed to load, but the command that I normally use to check my config is throwing this error
standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

This is the command that I’m using:
sudo docker run -it --rm -v /home/myuser/homeassistant:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro homeassistant/amd64-homeassistant hass -c /config --script check_config

Can anyone advise on how I can diagnose the problem with startup?

This is the command that I used to upgrade HA:
sudo docker run -d --name="home-assistant" -v ~/homeassistant:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host homeassistant/home-assistant

53 versions behind… :grimacing: That must be some sort of record.

You are in for a world of hurt.

It is going to be far easier to copy your config files off the server, then start with a fresh installation.

Then add bits of your config back in small sections and see what breaks. Fix it. Add some more.

Your alternative is to update one version at a time (53 times) and read each release note and fix the breaking changes before moving on to the next update.

2 Likes

Yes I was expecting this to be a slow process. But once every few years I can make the time!
Is there a current working way of checking the config in Docker?