TRV Calibrator - Calibrate your valve with an external sensor (probably TRV agnostic)

I also had to do the same.

I’m not sure why the device_class of the temperature offset, which is the one used for calibration, was not recognized because I’m using the same TRV as the OP.
I guess something changed in Home Assistant in the last few updates.

1 Like

Same here. Got the TV05-ZG thermostat (shown as TZE200 mudxchsu TS0601) working with TRV Calibrator by deleting device_class from trv_calibration_number:

The calibration with this blueprint is not really good, i have deactivated now. I use Better Thermostat without Offset calibration, currently that’s enough for me.

The TRV Calibrator does exactly what it is advertising. Automatically setting the calibration offset. The thermostat itself does the rest. I don’t understand how this can be "not really good“. It just does new_trv_calibration = room_temperature - trv_temperature + trv_calibration which is usually what you would wan’t. I tried Better Thermostat first and was disappointed. I liked Versatile Thermostat much more than BT but I wanted a really simple solution so that my thermostat can do the job it was made for instead of some blackbox automation which is doing weird calculations to set a completely different temperature than the one I have set.

1 Like

I have created a blueprint automation and checked the setted offsets on my trv and the measured temperature is not the same what i can see after the calibration on the trv.

Hi @rotilho thanks for the blueprint. I am using the Moes TRV (Moes BRT-100-TRV control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT) and I’m struggling to get this to work unfortunately.

I have added the TRV, temp sensor, and TRV Calibration number to the blueprint and can verify the automation runs when the temp changes, but the TRV Calibration Number doesn’t seem to automatically change. I can change this value manually in the HA Entity list and see it update in Zigbee2MQTT and change the current temp on the device, but the automation doesn’t seem to update it.

I can’t see any errors in Zigbee2MQTT or in my HA logs either. Everything seems to be working… except the setting the calibration. Have you any ideas at all?

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi, i have 2 sonoff TRV. and tried to run 2 blueprints on the 2 TRVs. but now my TRVs are somehow linked toghether. I dont know if it is the blueprint or not, but now when i set the wanted temp in one room on 18°C, the other TRV takes that numbers as wel.
any idea?

template-trigger based version. It triggers when temp reported by TRV and room temp differs more than 0.5 degrees

blueprint:
  name: TRV Calibrator
  description: Calibrate your TRV using an external sensor
  domain: automation
  input:
    trv:
      name: Smart TRV
      selector:
        entity:
          domain: climate
    temperature_sensor:
      name: Temperature Sensor
      description: Sensor used to calibrate your TRV
      selector:
        entity:
          domain: sensor
          device_class: temperature
    trv_calibration_number:
      name: TRV Calibration Entity
      description: If you can't find it it's possible that your TRV don't support calibration. Consider using the Better Thermostat custom integration instead.
      selector:
        entity:
          domain: number
          device_class: temperature

mode: single

variables:
  trv: !input trv
  trv_calibration_number: !input trv_calibration_number
  temperature_sensor: !input temperature_sensor

trigger_variables:
  trigger_trv: !input trv
  trigger_temperature_sensor: !input temperature_sensor

trigger:
  - platform: template
    value_template: >-
      {{ ((
      ((state_attr(trigger_trv,'current_temperature')  | default (-1))
      - 
      (states(trigger_temperature_sensor) | float (-1))
      )) | abs ) > 0.5
      }}

condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: >-
      {{state_attr(trv,'current_temperature') | default
      (-1) != -1}}
  - condition: template
    value_template: "{{states(temperature_sensor) | float (-1) != -1}}"

action:
  - variables:
      temp_diff: >-