TryFi - Dog GPS Collar Integration

Yes. I restarted HA several times with no luck. :frowning:

Same thing here. I had to restart it AND refresh the page on my browser, then it showed up.

1 Like

Thanks so much for this, was showing off HA to a friend and the location stuff and thought how cool would it be to have my dog on there too lol, wham bam you made something. Thanks for all your effort. One question though, I am in the US, anyway to get it show imperial units instead of metric. Showing Kilometers instead of Miles. Also, just noticed, if I add the tracker as a badge, it syncs up with my zones, but if I click on it or the tracker in lovelace it doesn’t pop up a map. Nor does the dog show up on the map, any way to integrate that? Thanks

Hi @zerophi and @neo_geo,

Once you have HACS integration installed, install the TryFi integration via the HACS integrations menu (HACS --> Integrations -->Search for TryFi). Once you have installed it, then go to the regular integrations menu under Configuration and then click Add Integration. You should be able to now search for TryFi. Just follow the prompts after that.

HACS is used to just install the integration under the custom_components folder. The regular Integrations function provided by HA out of the box either searches their “approved/embedded” integrations or the custom_components folder.

Let me know how you make out!

Thanks @bigL for helping!

I was able to install the integration but when it comes to add it via configuration and it asks for login credentials, I input the proper ones and i still get Cannot Connect… does anybody else has the same issue?

Update: this is what i get in my logs:
Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for tryfi doing I/O at custom_components/tryfi/config_flow.py, line 47: tryfi = PyTryFi(username=data[CONF_USERNAME], password=data[CONF_PASSWORD])

Hi @Marius_Radu,

In your home assistant logs, do you see any other errors besides the warning above? You may see one of the following errors:

Cannot Login:
2021-04-20 10:47:06 ERROR (MainThread) [pytryfi] Cannot login, error: (401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://api.tryfi.com/auth/login)

Cannot Connect:
2021-04-20 10:49:02 ERROR (MainThread) [pytryfi] Cannot login, error: (HTTPSConnectionPool(host=api.tryfi.com, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /auth/login (Caused by NewConnectionError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f31694965b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused)))

Hello @sbabcock23 and thanks for your reply.

There’s no additional log entries, except the one i provided.
I tried accessing Login and the credentials are correct, i got a api response with sessionId, userId email

In my TryFi app I have 2 collars, I even disabled one of of them and tried again, unfortunately the app itself does not have an option to delete the second collar.

I’m having the same error:

Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for tryfi doing I/O at custom_components/tryfi/config_flow.py, line 47: tryfi = PyTryFi(username=data[CONF_USERNAME], password=data[CONF_PASSWORD])

I’ve added some additional logging in the latest version. The IO warning mention above is a known item and is being worked on. Please try the latest version if possible.

Hi @SuperMega,

This should be fixed in the latest release!

I ended up ordering one of these collars because of this thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed it is! Has been working great, it’s awesome to make automations around it.

My only suggestion would be to rethink the “Lock” idea for the lost dog. It’s a little abstract conceptually and I’m worried that Google is going to misunderstand me and unlock all the locks or something and it will include the dog’s collar haha!

Great work on this!

Hi @SuperMega ,

Glad you are having fun with this integration. If you have a suggestion on the lost mode I am all ears. Originally the concept was locked = safe and secure and unlocked = lost. I get its a bit abstract so if there is a better translation given the capabilities of HA I can explore that.

I’m new to Home Assistant and not sure of the implications, but I noticed there is a Safety binary sensor that works similar to a Lock… but maybe has a closer contextual meaning to the Lost functionality in Fi? Curious what others think.

Hi @SuperMega ,

The latest version that was just released changes the concept of the lock to a select. I hope this helps reduce the confusion and that this operation better reflects how people intend on using it.

Cheers

Wanted to say thank you for this! Have been a Fi user since v1 (We are on a v2) collar and this is great. I did have trouble with HACS and I manually installed. I really think that is due to user error though, so no need to troubleshoot.

Has anyone done any automations that they can share? Would love to see the collar overlay on the ‘Map’ section.

The only automation I’ve really done is if it is dark and the collar is outside of thr home (away status) then turn on the light of his collar. And turn it off when he reaches home.

1 Like

Thats a good one, thank you.

I was able to get the collar to show on the map no problem. Everything is built into Lovelace already.

1 Like

Great integration! Just works!

Thanks for the hard work.

1 Like