TryFi - Dog GPS Collar Integration

I’m updated to latest version, and not seeing entities for sleep stats… I deleted and reset up the integration with no change. I have a v2 collar and see sleep stats in the fi app. do these just take time?

Hi @tube0013 ,

That’s odd. I see the stats as zero even with the V1 collar. Can you confirm which version you are using?

Thanks!

I’m running 0.0.14 - used the re-download option in hacs to be sure…

Hi @tube0013 , I found the issue and it is now fixed. Version 0.0.14.1 is out now!

thanks! now I see them.

Un-related - fyi don’t forget to bring your base if traveling. I’m away this week with my family, and the collar discharged pretty quickly as it was away from the base and my phone a good bit. ended up ordering a second base with 1 day shipping.

I don’t know if it’s possible but have you considered adding the update entity to your integration. I am using a blueprint that checks all the update entities and can send a notification to my phone when one is available. Would be awesome to monitor yours as well.

Love this integration. I have an automation set up to turn the dog’s collar on if one of my gates are left open. This way before I let the dog out at a quick glance of the LED I can be sure someone didn’t leave one open and the dog takes off on me again. Looking forward to the coming soon color change option if you ever get it going. Lots of possibilities.

1 Like

You can convert it using the sensor template. In your configuration.yaml add

template:
   - sensor:
      - name: "Daily Distance in Miles"
        unit_of_measurement: "mi"
        state: "{{ states('sensor.xxxxx_daily_distance')|float * 0.62137  }}"

You can change “Daily Distance in Miles” to whatever you want the new sensor to be called. And sensor.xxxxx_daily_distance is just the name of what the km sensor is called in tryfi. You can then do this for each sensor. Daily, weekly, etc.

Can you explain/show me a bit more what you are doing and trying to accomplish?

I am talking about this: Update - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)
I was wondering if it is possible to integrate it so that when you have an update available for the TryFi Integration it will try into the update notifaction mechanism of HAOS.

Ok now I understand. I’ve never seen a firmware update for the collar or base have you? I have V1 of the collar.

I have never seen it for my V2 collar.

I don’t even know if it is possible but was asking if it could be used to indicate an update for the integration itself.

I guess for the integration itself it’s possible but HACS already let’s you know when there is an update.

1 Like

Just to update this, I discovered that if you turn experimental features on in HACS it will add an update entity for each integration.

Version 0.0.17 is out! Below are the following enhancements and fixes 0.0.13.

• Fixed Sleep and Nap units from hours (incorrect) to minutes
  • Added support for multiple households so that all pets are discovered across all households
  • Added requested attributes including: Activity Type, Current Place Name, Current Place Address, and ConnectedTo (is the dog connected to a person, wifi, base, etc.) attributes
  • Fixed an issue where the TryFi base was not updating correctly in HA

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Awesome integration. Love it.

1 Like

This integration works GREAT! Thank your developing and sharing it with the community.

Any chance you can also expose the battery %?

Hi @jbintegration07 ,

Battery % should already be available. It’s called Pet Name Collar Battery Level.

Thank you! You’re right (I’m embarrassed to say). I somehow missed that when i created my “dog” areas :-). All good!

1 Like

Did anything happen last night? All of a sudden my device isn’t showing available anymore. Don’t think I made any changes.

Found the error. This is odd since my login hasn’t changed since install and I logged in fine with old username and password. All of a sudden it stopped working 7 pm central last night.

Logger: pytryfi
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pytryfi/init.py:224
First occurred: 7:54:32 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:54:32 AM

Cannot login, error: (401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: Login)