Trying to connect a D-Link DSP-W320 outdoor switch?

I get the following message when trying to add my DSP-W320 outdoor wifi switch using the D-Link integration:

[homeassistant.components.dlink.switch] Failed to connect to D-Link switch

The portion of the config file for it looks like this:

switch:
  platform: dlink
  host: 192.168.2.33
  name: D-Link Outdoor Smart Plug (DSP-W320)
  username: !secret D-Link_user
  password: !secret D-Link_pass

I’ve tried both the default values for username and password from the card that came in the box, as well as the login credentials I use for the mydlink app but it can’t connect with either. I know this isn’t a tested piece of hardware for that plugin but would love to help try and get it working. I’m looking for suggestions on where to dig in to troubleshooting it. I’m running HA 0.103.0 in a Docker container on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS.

Hey Folks… I have the same issue. Wondering if anyone has ever gotten the DSP-W320 smart plug to work in homeassistant? I’ve browsed a lot of forums and everyone ties into the current Dlink integration/service that has been validated with the DSP-W110 and the DSP-W215. Is the current thinking that the guts of the W320 is different enough that this integration/service doesn’t work for this model? Please advise. Much appreciated.

Same here - would love to get this working if possible!

Has anyone had any luck getting this working?

hello nevarroGuildsman,
thanks for sharing, please watch this video “https://youtu.be/A0Pqfw1Ft3Q” after that you got exact idea related to your issue.

Not sure how that youtube link was helpful… perhaps I missed your point @Nestor-j. The issue isn’t to connect the W320 to the home network, the ask was how to integrate it into HA once connected to the home wifi and why that integration based on @NevarroGuildsman’s config in YAML wasn’t working in HA.

I’ve pretty much given up on my W320 entirely. I cracked it open at one point to see if it could be flashed but it’s Realtek-based iirc. This wound up pretty far down my list of projects unfortunately so I’m unlikely to get it working.