Trying to find my Insteon Hub's IP address

I’m trying to set up Home Assistant thru my new ODROID and it’s asking for my Insteon Hub’s
IP Address. Since it’s now “offline” with insteon servers it’s not showing up in my Routers list of devices.

Anyone know how to find it another way?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Rick

OK Found the IP address inside my xfinity app but does not list the “PORT” and seems that my home assistant will not log onto my hub unless I list the port.

OK I thought that it already had a port assigned but guess I was wrong so I assigned the ip address a port, but HA will still not log onto my hub… ughhhh… I know I have the id and PW correct…

One point when I assigned the port it assigned Port 1 I thought that was odd…

Help!

Might be a stupid question, but if the Insteon is “offline” , and you can’t see it in your Router, How should HA be able to find it then ?

Good point but I meant the router says its “Not Connected” I thought because the Insteon servers were off line? When I disconnect the hub from the router and plug it back in the IP does change so Im thinking it;s active but not connected to anything?

Yes, thou im not familiar with Insteon, but if it’s a wifi/ethernet device it should be connected to the Router to get an IP(within the same IP-Range as HA), then in your Insteon-Integration you set/configure that IP/Port, you find in the Router
PS: Thou you might want to read the integration-page for Insteon ( First lining Warning )

EDIT2: And it seems your going from “Cloud based” to Local, so you probably need to “reset” your Insteon-hub to factory settings, and adding all devices again, after installing integration/hub

EDIT3: And you can’t use port 1 , use another , not reserved !

My port defaulted in the setup process, it was also listed on the bottom of the Insteon hub.

My issue is it isn’t accepting my username and password. I get “failed to connect.”

Use the username and password on the label on the bottom of the hub.

1 Like

My HA works when Im at ho,e connected to the same wireless but when I turn the wireless off and try to connect via Cell it can’t find the HA…

yes, your HA is on a private network, your cell-phone is in a public
You could signup for NABU CASA

, other options are similar Services, or connect to your private network through VPN,

Thank you! Missed that…

Still cant get my insteon hub to talk to HA… I have tried the old Insteon password and ID the ones on the bottom of the hub… Weird it’s showing up on my router now and I even opened up a port for it, but HA will not log onto it… I also tried the “port” that is listed on the bottom (Before and after crating then deleting a port for the hub)

Any sugestions?

I have my Insteon Hub connected through the integration Rick but cannot add devices. (We’re basically setting this up at about the same time!)

How does your configuration.yaml config looks like ?

this should be the “default” Insteon port (ip_port: 25105), try with “factory username/password” … that is if you have resetted the Device

In cases like such an integration , i use to “REBOOT” the whole HOST/Server, and check the logfile for possible causes /configuration/settings/logs … in worse case enable DEBUG “default” level, for “Logger” in configuration.yaml, for further troubleshooting

Hi Jim, Did your Hub have devices already in it?

Also what password and ID did you use? The INsteon log on OR the ID and password on the bottom of the hub.

And did you use the port on the bottom listed on the bottom of the hub or did you assign a port on your router?

Thanks for any info you may have!

Rick

I used the username and password on the bottom of the hub. I then just added my devices and it only took me like an hour.

1 Like

Finally got My Insteon Hub to talk to HA… It was a combination of a bad Patch Cord and seems that I can’t have HA plugged into the same switch as HA But now they are talking!! Yea!!!

But… When the Hub uploaded all my Insteon Switches it did not carry the names or scenes to HA… Bummerr… So now im going around and trying to figure out what is what and re-name it in HA. (I have 60 switches…) Also I have 10 Insteon water sensors and the hub DID not load any of them up. So I read to simply trigger them and HA now see’s them.

No to learn how to do the “Scenes” in HA.

How has your experience with HA going?

Rick

Finally got My Insteon Hub to talk to HA… It was a combination of a bad Patch Cord and seems that I can’t have HA plugged into the same switch as HA But now they are talking!! Yea!!!

But… When the Hub uploaded all my Insteon Switches it did not carry the names or scenes to HA… Bummerr… So now im going around and trying to figure out what is what and re-name it in HA. (I have 60 switches…) Also I have 10 Insteon water sensors and the hub DID not load any of them up. So I read to simply trigger them and HA now see’s them.

No to learn how to do the “Scenes” in HA.

Thanks again for your help,

Rick

1 Like

BTW since HA did not include the names of all my Insteon switches Is there an easy way to ID them like the Leak detectors by switching them on/off? Where in HA if possible would I look to see any devices that are being turned on/off, etc…

Thanks!

Rick

there is a new “feature” an identify-button for each(well many) sensors (thou i have deleted most) :slight_smile: … as you only see the entity/device-name and when you click it just “updates” , so basically it’s just to check whether it “alive/connected”
But if you go to /Configuration/Devices&Services then click Device OR Entities , you can sort them either by Name / integration /device/entity-id etc, then click on each device/entity, there you can change name but also turning on/of , … thou i know it’s not in anyway an optimal task :frowning: , as it hard to know which is which still ), thou atleast you can then do it in some “structured” order
I have no near 60-70, only half by now, but i went through same procedure in December after changing to new Router, and redesigned my network, and re-paired 2 dozen zigbees as-well, after that(well during) i made a list of ALL devices, the name they report + new(friendly)name, after that i made a copy of ( core.device_registry + core.entity_registry ) in HA , and ofcause also a copy of Router-settings … hopefully next time ( hmm sad to think so, but there will be a next time, im sure ) then it might at-least feels like an “easy” task … when i have a day or 2 , with nothing else todo :joy:
NOTE: I even marked each physical devices with a pen ( in some made-up, spontaneous way ) , so i can throw it all in big black box, and easy pick 1, and compare it to my collected device-info … Like someone said(30 years ago), life will become so much easier with the “New” technology, we will get so much spare-time and less work , yep we know how that turned out :slight_smile:

1 Like