Trying to get a background loaded

night.jpeg versus night.jpg :wink:

2 Likes

I go now and slap myself in front of a mirror…THANKS A LOT! :joy:

1 Like

This is why peer reviews are so effective for development as once we make a typo such as this one it’s very hard for the brain to register it’s a problem; for it was the one that created it in the first place :wink:

Nice background, where did you find it?

1 Like

Its from @Martin_Granger s thread. I stumbled over it as I looked how HA could look like :slight_smile:

Wow! I’ve spent literally hours trying to change the background on HA.

The most terrifying thing I’ve discovered so far about HA (and I would love to talk to the programmers about this - also I would like to join the team) is… that when I read code saying to put an image in the /local directory (which doesn’t exist) in the ‘config’ directory (which does exist) - what they actually mean is to put an image in the /www directory (which also doesn’t exist) and you need to create, but you need to address the /www directory as /local??? WTAF??

And we wonder why Home Assistant isn’t mainstream…

5 Likes

Oh gosh… this post just saved me a huge headache! I have been trying to figure out where to put the background image… and it just wasn’t making sense. It is probably noted somewhere but I wasn’t having luck searching. Thanks! Creating a “www” folder and putting in that and calling it local isn’t obvious as far as I can tell. Thanks again!