I have an m5 atom lite and an m5 infrared emitter & receiver (as below)
I’ve configured this using the details found in esphome doco, and setting the gpio pin as per the m5 docs.
remote_receiver: pin: number: GPIO36 # inverted: true dump: all
however nothing gets dumped.
- using a different atom
- using a different cable between the atom grove connector and the ir module
- plugging a different sensor module into this atom to prove that the grove connector works
- trying different GPIO settings, invert = true etc.
- using multiple different remotes pointed at the receiver
- configuring the i2c node for the grove bus to scan, however this caused errors to be logged
and haven’t been able to get anything reliably logged. At one stage, using a completely different GPIO (but something I saw on a forum) I got 1 or 2 IR received messages logged, but I assume given the nature of the codes, and the fact that it wasn’t actually configured correctly that these were just some kind of noise.
I’m wondering if I’m just missing something really simple, or whether I’ve got a dodgy IR emitter/receive unit and need to go back to m5/order another.
Any tips/advice welcome!