Trying to setup adaptive light add-on

That’s the best solution I found too.
Set lights on Hue app to 1% neutral color, but still the problem is that AL first change brightness and color after.
If it was possible to change first color and after brightness it would be better.

Lots of good info in this thread.

I’m finding that my lights are constantly getting set to manual control even though I’m not changing anything. How can I diagnose this issue?

I’m running a different instance of AL for each room and I’ve listed each of the lights individually by their z2m entity. The bulbs are Hue bulbs but I removed all the lights from my hub.

Anyone have any ideas? It’s driving me nuts.

Are you sure they’re going into manual and they’re not just set to adapt once? I just forced manual mode in mine and it doesn’t show up in the history or logbook (because it’s not it’s own entity). So I’m not sure how you’d validate if/when it’s switching to manual mode; however, you can force manual mode on/off with dev tools:

service: adaptive_lighting.set_manual_control
data:
  manual_control: true
  entity_id: switch.adaptive_lighting_kitchen_house_lights

If you paste the AL config screenshot, I can look to see if I see anything in your AL config. Here’s mine and the settings I’m wondering about:

If you’re sure thats all right, the next step would be to start monitoring it which means setup something on your dashboard that shows/tracks the switches and then cross reference the times to see if any of the AL switches are being changed by some other process. A histogram and a button will do this (I have the same thing).

@bradarussell @Sergeantpup
Check the main switch attributes as it shows if manual control is active or not.

After I manually change the brightness it shows this: