TTS problem with Unifi Doorbell and Camera

Hey guys!!

For the past few weeks I noticed that my TTS with my Unifi Doorbell pro Poe is working funny.

I have an automation that when someone gets on my door, the person hear a msg using TTS. But for the past few week the speech of it is not working. You can hear the voice (tts) and durning the msg you hear that the speech change (fast) like the chipmunk are the one speaking!

Is anyone else having this issue??

I’m experience the same issue across 3 different unifi protect sites.

Issue appears to impact all tts (google translate or cloud).
I can confirm it is occurring on G4 Doorbell, G4 Doorbell Pro, and G4 Instant.

First noticed issue about 2 weeks ago. I’ve tried everything to resolve - reset all cameras/doorbells, reset UDM’s & UDR’s etc.

the issue appears to be related to how long the tts phrase is… a short phrase like “welcome” doesn’t cause any issues, however anything longer than about 3 or 4 words and it occurs.

Hoping this issue can be resolved!

I’m sure it’s a firmware issue - just like every other problem everyone has had with ubiquiti… Their gear is pretty nice - when it works. But they use their paying customers as beta testers, and I for one have had enough. Swapped all my doorbells out, working on cameras next.

same problems here, I tried other tts, camera and doorbells encounter the same problem, hope solutions…

Same problem here. I noticed the chipmunk voice thing does not always happen at the same point in the message.

I too am facing this issue. Any help would be great

I was able to find an issue thread on the UI Site, perhaps worth bumping there, https://community.ui.com/questions/TTS-is-stuttering-with-G4-Doorbell/3bf84a96-f2d5-4109-9737-4535f72fae9f

Ive also made a github issue though its unclear if it is related or not, Long TTS media is garbeled · Issue #357 · AngellusMortis/pyunifiprotect · GitHub

Here the same problem.
I did start a discussion at Unifi community.
https://community.ui.com/questions/TTS-is-stuttering-with-G4-Doorbell/3bf84a96-f2d5-4109-9737-4535f72fae9f#answer/c8096f80-c5b0-412f-8440-30e6d042aeeb
It looks like a firmware problem

Yep very recognizable

not sure what update helped but this is now resolved for me. im on the EA of unifi

What versions are you running?
Thats hopefully

Protect 3.0.22 G4 doorbell and G4 instant’s all had the problem, but since resolved and still running fine with long tts. lots of tests, fine now.

3.0.26 and I have this issue in my g4 pro doorbell